Have you been Spotified yet?

Sir Galahad

Don't know about you guys across the pond, but this music site Spotify has swept our office with incredible speed. It's basically like an on-line jukebox & totally free! There was a piece on sky news this morning about them, link below.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-New...t_To_Music_Fans

You cannot download the songs, you just listen to 'em. Plus they say they add 10000 new songs everyday.

To be honest I love this site. It brightens the day just being able to listen to whatever song I want every now & then, without digging out my ipod. Also from the ethical side, anything that helps reduce illegal downloads has got to be a good thing, right?

My question is, will this change the way we listen to music? Or is it another passing fad?

Spotify website: http://www.spotify.com/en/download/windows/

Edited by Sir_Galahad

Yeah, the website has gone into meltdown due to all the publicity it's got today! lol. Not affected the download page & tunes are streaming perfectly fine. Have updated the link above, so it should be ok.

It is such a good idea, except if you happen to like the Beatles of course, then that's not on there yet. But pretty much every artist I've put in has come up no problems.

Edited by Sir_Galahad

Yeah, the website has gone into meltdown due to all the publicity it's got today! lol. Not affected the download page & tunes are streaming perfectly fine. Have updated the link above, so it should be ok.

It is such a good idea, except if you happen to like the Beatles of course, then that's not on there yet. But pretty much every artist I've put in has come up no problems.

It tells me I need an invitation to join, so now I'm all sad, feeling very unspecial. :(

Strange, because the link above should take you to the Windows download page. Have tried it a few times & no probs. The only thing I can think of is that it's not available in every part of the States!

To be honest I love this site. It brightens the day just being able to listen to whatever song I want every now & then, without digging out my ipod. Also from the ethical side, anything that helps reduce illegal downloads has got to be a good thing, right?

- I agree, it's a great service. It's so quick and simple to use. It's found over 80% of my searches too.

Much better than having to dig out

Oh poo. Not available in the United States, and I'm to lazy to proxy my IP address to England. Oh well... looks cool and cant wait to try it out over here. Till then, I'll stick to my iPod.

Eric

Eh I use my mp3 player in my and at work, not bad, I had quite alot of songs, but as for listening to others online it would be nice.

It is good to listen to songs while you're at a computer, but like I said, you can't take them with you. Saying that, they are apparently working on an iPhone app, although I'm not sure if Apple would allow that kind of service...

Yeah, I can download it but then it tells me I need a user name/password, and it won't let me get those without an invitation code.

Would you happen to have one of those, Galahad?

I've checked my account for you guys, but I don't seem to have any invites. I'll keep checking from time to time.

Yeah, I can download it but then it tells me I need a user name/password, and it won't let me get those without an invitation code.

Would you happen to have one of those, Galahad?

As it happens, no. But will defiantly keep a look out in my inbox & let you know.