Flash Forward

JamesSavik

Like what wasteful machine does this future thing? Work?

2 min 17 into the future.

Sounds like it makes "Seven Days" back into the past a better TV series.

Its doesn't sound very pro-active.

I like it. I like the idea. I think they did a good job on the pilot. I hope they don't fall into least-common-denominator thinking.

I don't like Brannon Braga, because he's the one who dumbed down ST-TNG, but I'm hopeful.

it looks interesting... it reminds me a little of the concept used in Heroes (1st season): we saw some big catastrophe that will happen and then there is a bunch of people trying to prevent it... I'll look for the pilot (viewable outside the U.S.) to see if it is worth watching :)

Like what wasteful machine does this future thing? Work?

2 min 17 into the future.

Sounds like it makes "Seven Days" back into the past a better TV series.

Its doesn't sound very pro-active.

No, they were unconscious for 2 minutes 7 seconds... they looked 6 months into the future.

I checked this out because I read the book a few years ago and was wondering how they'd handle the fact that the premise of the book (based on the Solar Neutrino Problem) has since been invalidated. They've mostly erased the overall plotline of the book and kept the individual storylines - in the book, how the flashforward happens is known immediately (an accident involving the LHC), and the jump is several decades instead of 6 months. Instead the show has made the "how" part of the central plotline, and kept individual aspects (a marriage falling apart, no vision = will be dead, is it fixed or can the future be changed?, the mosaic website, etc.).

I checked this out because I read the book a few years ago and was wondering how they'd handle the fact that the premise of the book (based on the Solar Neutrino Problem) has since been invalidated. They've mostly erased the overall plotline of the book and kept the individual storylines - in the book, how the flashforward happens is known immediately (an accident involving the LHC), and the jump is several decades instead of 6 months. Instead the show has made the "how" part of the central plotline, and kept individual aspects (a marriage falling apart, no vision = will be dead, is it fixed or can the future be changed?, the mosaic website, etc.).

How do they know they jumped foward 6 months into the future though? Is it just the assumption made and assumed to be true?

People saw the date on things like calendars and newspapers and the like. I'm not so sure I believe how observant some people claim to be in this show.