Top 5 Christmas Movies

W_L

Close. His name was Alastair Sim. His Scrooge is my all-time favorite, but I'd suggest the 1930's version, too.

Thanks it really bugged me, that I was unsure.

On Christmas Eve I watched Auntie Mame (the non-musical version with Rosalind Russell, not the awful film version of Mame with Lucille Ball). It's of course not a Christmas movie as such, but Christmas plays an important part. Next week I plan to read Uncle Mame, the biography of Patrick Dennis, who wrote the novel. His life sounds interesting (how he dealt with his sexuality and also his choosing to become a butler after a wildly successful writing career--including being Ray Croc's butler). [Nuclear physics warning: Don't put your copies of Mame and Auntie Mame anywhere near each other.

I like this film very much. RR is a favorite. I would like to read the book you mention, too.

Marx Brothers' marathon

Okay, I love you.