Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation

I really, really like this story. It is even better than the Scar series, perhaps because it is mellower and the characters are so appealing. I was wondering why it is OK to go through the Suez Canal but not the Panama Canal. Cape Horn is not a good place to be and it means more time before we get back to the mystery in Florida. As long as I am sticking my nose into the plot line I would like to request that Trevor not be made into a sex slave for Somali pirates! Dirk fills out the role of bad guy quite nicely. Charles Lane

I really, really like this story. It is even better than the Scar series, perhaps because it is mellower and the characters are so appealing. I was wondering why it is OK to go through the Suez Canal but not the Panama Canal. Cape Horn is not a good place to be and it means more time before we get back to the mystery in Florida. As long as I am sticking my nose into the plot line I would like to request that Trevor not be made into a sex slave for Somali pirates! Dirk fills out the role of bad guy quite nicely. Charles Lane

Thanks!!!

The Panama is definitely the shortest route, but for an eastbound circumnavigation it can be tricky; the winds in the tropical south Pacific are dominated by the tradewinds, which come out of the east. On the other hand, further south, you have the westerlies. So, for a sailboat, it depends on the weather forecast. The Cape route is longer and rougher, but depending on the winds, might be the fastest and easiest. Trevor could plan to go either way, but wouldn't need to know for sure until after beginning to cross the Pacific. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..