I am a Newbie

So if you didn't know i existed now you do. Slowly i am starting to understand this website. I joined months ago but never committed to the site. Does any one agree that this site is very confusing? In order to be able to do certain things you have to complete tasks... Its all so weird and new. I'm not complaining or anything. I'm happy to be a NEWB!!!

Edited by Gaytron87

Welcome Gaytron. GA is not so confusing once you spend a little time here. Click on "Chat" and get to know some of the folks. That'll help you get off to a good start.

If some one thing seems confusing, just ask about it in chat or send me a PM (private message). Just click on my avatar or name at the left of this reply, then select "Send me a message" under my picture.

Welcome again...have fun.

Edited by MikeL

YAY you made it into the forum. Glad to see you here. Welcome :)

I found it very confusing to start with. The key is to not want to do everything at once. Experiment with things before you actually need them so there's no pressure. Play with it and have a good time.

I am quickly getting the hang of thing son here. You would think just coming into this site that you would be met with a lot of cold shoulders. I honestly have felt welcomed and I feel as if I can find a place amongst all of you. Thanks for making me feel welcomed. Even being the novice writer that I am.

~Gaytron87~

• 3 weeks later...

Confusing? Yeah, at first. And, there are parts of the site I don't use simply because they're too complicated for the descendant of Luddites. Still, the forums and messenger are easy (and great) and eFiction is super easy as a reader and an author. Welcome, and keep pushing keys on your computer until you find one that works!

The only cold shoulders around here are the ones you may be invited to warm wink.gif

Just watch out for Nephylim, Gaytron, she does bite unpredictably...she claims it's only when asked, but biters are biters.

• Site Administrator

Just watch out for Nephylim, Gaytron, she does bite unpredictably...she claims it's only when asked, but biters are biters.

Awww, nothing wrong with a little nibble now and again ;) It only hurts for a minute :P And the only way to really figure this place out is to explore, post and talk to the many varied personalities. It's most certainly fun!

I was around when GA had a simpler layout. :P It's pretty easy for me still though, but the messenger service now confused me after using the old one for so long.. lol. But anyway, I'm glad you're figuring out the site now. :P