Ever Give up on a book or a story?

all the f**kING time

i can never write ever anymore. I try really hard. The other day I sat down and tried to actually do another Secret Life of an/A Overture boy (i was getting annoyed at the title!!) sequel or something. I wrote like the first paragraph a hundred million times and could never get the voice or tone or anything. My microsoft Word is full of so much weird unfinished stuff its like a grimiore of some f**ked up lunatic (ME =D ) i have no idea what to do. Were you going to post a helpful link?

And its all of the questions up there, minus the editing part I usually have other people edit and from their vast amounts of edits i conclude that I am just plain terrible at grammar. I also think all my plots have been already used, somebody will find it and denounce me as a writer or something, or I think everything is so similar to that of a mainstream novel or something even on the internet. its very difficult writing and those of you who are good at it and want to make a living out of it, thats something i covet.

I also think some of my work is far to bizarre.freakish/lame to post here on GA, let alone a lack there of a gay theme, you know? In the past i've tried to muse about a story or plot i had but implementing gay characters. I'm pissed my Elijah 2 is sitting there sucking and city of rust is all in my mind but the words won't come. I sound like a huge bitch.

bye

Why worry so much about its done before? Its just important to follow the story and what the characters is going thru. If the plot is not coming to you ... it will later ... its ok if the story has to go through a rewrite a bit.

Sure I am probably in the same boat as you but then to give up on the story and the adventure you wish to tell ... I think the readers will be sad to not see another story from you. It does take some research for stories. Maybe you might need to talk with someone about your storyline or plot ... or maybe a nice walk or vacation.

I've given up on a few that seem too depressing.

I've given up on one for bad grammar (but I've also kept reading one that had consistently bad grammar because the plot interested me).

Cool you found a story worth reading with tolerance to the grammar.