Androgyny

Marzipan

I think its disgusting. If its a girl, then fine. But its a guy, so its not attractive AT ALL!. Feminine guys are a huge turnoff. Ones that dress so well like a girl you could mistake them for one is an even bigger turnoff. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Are you just expressing your preference or do you actually have something against men who have androgynous qualities?

Are you just expressing your preference or do you actually have something against men who have androgynous qualities?

I was simply stating my opinion. I think its incredibly ugly, but that is just my opinion/preference.

To me, Androgyny is beautiful. I read from some of you that it's disgusting, but that's like calling a Red Cardinal disgusting because it's red because you don't like it's color. They can not help it, they're born like that. And think about it... How many homophobes call glbt disgusting? Ya'll can't help it be born the way you are, right? Neither can an Androgynous person. Now, if they were rotten, evil imps, then, yeah, I'd agree they are disgusting, otherwise? They are who they were born to be.... So are you.

Posted Image I really think this boy is simply beautiful! By the way, he's dressed for a play.

I was simply stating my opinion. I think its incredibly ugly, but that is just my opinion/preference.

I think judging someting like this to be disgusting, simply baced upon personal preference, can be pretty ugly too... Just my opinnion.

I might not be a least bit appealed to big hairy men with moustaches (excample only), but I still don't think bear appearance is discusting.

To me, Androgyny is beautiful. I read from some of you that it's disgusting, but that's like calling a Red Cardinal disgusting because it's red because you don't like it's color. They can not help it, they're born like that. And think about it... How many homophobes call glbt disgusting? Ya'll can't help it be born the way you are, right? Neither can an Androgynous person. Now, if they were rotten, evil imps, then, yeah, I'd agree they are disgusting, otherwise? They are who they were born to be.... So are you.

Posted Image I really think this boy is simply beautiful! By the way, he's dressed for a play.

Very stunning! Soo much prettier than me! And I can imagine how hot he is without his make up!

• Like 2

I think judging someting like this to be disgusting, simply baced upon personal preference, can be pretty ugly too... Just my opinnion.

I might not be a least bit appealed to big hairy men with moustaches (excample only), but I still don't think bear appearance is discusting.

Then fine, you may not find it disgusting, but I do. Thats yours choice. I'm not going to to lie about how I feel to the question posed just because a few overly sensitive people may find it "too strong of words".

Then fine, you may not find it disgusting, but I do. Thats yours choice. I'm not going to to lie about how I feel to the question posed just because a few overly sensitive people may find it "too strong of words".

Of course you don't have to lie, I recon you better being honest!

But as I (a bit off topic) wanted to point out, what I felt weird about your choise of words. Inly humans deserving disgusting-label in my mind are those, who do bad (murder, rape, hate-crimes, etc.) things to other people. I might be sensitive, I admint that cladly, but I don't get offended very easily by simple words.

And don't get my message wrong, I don't mean to put you to that bad people's gategory even if we have a difference of an opinnion. And you do have a right to feel nausea over what ever you ticks you wrong.

Of course you don't have to lie, I recon you better being honest!

But as I (a bit off topic) wanted to point out, what I felt weird about your choise of words. Inly humans deserving disgusting-label in my mind are those, who do bad (murder, rape, hate-crimes, etc.) things to other people. I might be sensitive, I admint that cladly, but I don't get offended very easily by simple words.

And don't get my message wrong, I don't mean to put you to that bad people's gategory even if we have a difference of an opinnion. And you do have a right to feel nausea over what ever you ticks you wrong.

What I found disgusting about him had nothing to do with him as a person. It had everything to do with what he looked like that I found completely unappealing. I think people took this as an attack on the person's character when all I was referring to was his looks.

What I found disgusting about him had nothing to do with him as a person. It had everything to do with what he looked like that I found completely unappealing. I think people took this as an attack on the person's character when all I was referring to was his looks.

Totally fair enough :great:

• Like 1

I agree with Tet.

But I'm gonna add that even though these people as people have done me no wrong what's so ever, they're insulting to me.

(I wanted to say more, but since this site is so freakin sensitive when someone talks about people, I'm gonna stop there.)

Edited by Yang Bang
  • Like 4

But what is it that bothers you and Yang? The way their actual physical looks are or the fact that there are those who wear more feminine clothing?

I agree with Tet.

But I'm gonna add that even though these people as people have done me no wrong what's so ever, they're insulting to me.

(I wanted to say more, but since this site is so freakin sensitive when someone talks about people, I'm gonna stop there.)

The existence of Androgynous people insult you? Lol, care to explain? I can't see how someone can insult you if they have never "done you any wrong".

The existence of Androgynous people insult you? Lol, care to explain? I can't see how someone can insult you if they have never "done you any wrong".

Maybe you should ask from him in privat messenger, I'm sure he can be more detailled there... He is being politically correct now and uses self sencorship. :P

But what is it that bothers you and Yang? The way their actual physical looks are or the fact that there are those who wear more feminine clothing?

I don't wanna get too much into it. Afterall this isn't the soapbox and knowing how I've been snappy and irritable these few days, I'll prolly get piled on.

However, when I write something, I'm not asking for agreeableness, I don't expect people to like what I have to say and I'm not making factual statements. These are just what things mean me. In short, androgyny is f**king stupid, and I mean the lifestyle, not nature. If you're a man, be a man. It's not that I identify or wanna identify men to body-building idiots who like guns and big trucks, but the pictures from this post trigger my gag reflex. You show one of these to any guy out there and most likely you'll get the response of "what a fag" or "typical gay dude"....I'm sorry if I feel sick to my stomach that people can make the effort to reinforce those negativities by actually making themselves look like girls. I'm sorry I take pride in what I consider a man should be in this world and try to defend it. If someone wants to be like that or more specifically to this post, dress like that, that's fine, it's your life, and I'm not gonna tell you it's "wrong' anymore than I can tell a pecan it's wrong, but I'm damn well not gonna like either and can't believe we share the Y chromosome. It doesn't have to make sense to you.

(I feel better now)

Edited by Yang Bang
  • Like 1

I don't wanna get too much into it. Afterall this isn't the soapbox and knowing how I've been snappy and irritable these few days, I'll prolly get piled on.

However, when I write something, I'm not asking for agreeableness, I don't expect people to like what I have to say and I'm not making factual statements. These are just what things mean me. In short, androgyny is f**king stupid, and I mean the lifestyle, not nature. If you're a man, be a man. It's not that I identify or wanna identify men to body-building idiots who like guns and big trucks, but the pictures from this post trigger my gag reflex. You show one of these to any guy out there and most likely you'll get the response of "what a fag" or "typical gay dude"....I'm sorry if I feel sick to my stomach that people can make the effort to reinforce those negativities by actually making themselves look like girls. I'm sorry I take pride in what I consider a man should be in this world and try to defend it. If someone wants to be like that or more specifically to this post, dress like that, that's fine, it's your life, and I'm not gonna tell you it's "wrong' anymore than I can tell a pecan it's wrong, but I'm damn well not gonna like either and can't believe we share the Y chromosome. It doesn't have to make sense to you.

(I feel better now)

What makes someone a man? For that matter makes one a woman? And why should your model for gender roles be superior to mine or anyone else's?

I think part of the reason why people say those horrible stuff about gays is because they challenge their own perception of masculinity. The ignorance and hatred may be a by-product of it because some people place their identity into what they think masculinity is, that anything that comes along that doesn't match up to it, is viewed as a threat, with varying consequences.

• Like 2

What makes someone a man? For that matter makes one a woman? And why should your model for gender roles be superior to mine or anyone else's?

I think part of the reason why people say those horrible stuff about gays is because they challenge their own perception of masculinity. The ignorance and hatred may be a by-product of it because some people place their identity into what they think masculinity is, that anything that comes along that doesn't match up to it, is viewed as a threat, with varying consequences.

Without getting philosophical, I think you know what I'm talking about with what you put in bold.

My model for gender roles is, as I've laid out, my model. It's not superior or inferior to yours but my own. If I thought like you, I'd be you. We have different ideals and different tastes, we're not arguing a matter of fact.

Also, the difference between intolerance for homosexuality and my dislike for androgynous lifestyles is that one of these is out of our control, while the other isn't. The negativity towards gays stem from the misinformed idea that people who are gay choose to be gay. Those guys in this post had every choice in the world in how they wanna represent themselves visibly.