• Site Administrator

LOL, thankfully he loaded up 2 more chapters!! That cliffie is quite evil :P I love this story and Iarwain's posting here on GA finally!!

• Like 2

The story is also what not do when going hiking! Always be prepaired! Or the nature will get ya! Lol, I've had some close calls when hiking in Lapland, those really taught the importance of being carefull, making plans, sticking to them and not carrying a surfboard with ya.

But, I loved it, soo different from what I've red lately! :2thumbs:

• Like 1

This story is indeed quite lovely and reads just like a relaxing holiday. :2thumbs:

The cliffie on the end of Part 1, however, is just mean. :angry:

Glad you enjoyed the story Dark.

Lol. there's nothing like a good 'cliffie' in a story.

Relaxing?? - well, in some ways yes, though hiking over 150 kilometres isn't for everyone.

Iarwain.

Well, the original spark of inspiration for this story came from a chance encounter with a guy when I was hiking two days away from any civilisation in the Tasmanian South Coast Wilderness.

He had actually carried a surf-board all that way.

The story is also what not do when going hiking! Always be prepaired! Or the nature will get ya! Lol, I've had some close calls when hiking in Lapland, those really taught the importance of being carefull, making plans, sticking to them and not carrying a surfboard with ya.

Sounds like you've had your own adventures on the track. :)

• Site Administrator

Well, the original spark of inspiration for this story came from a chance encounter with a guy when I was hiking two days away from any civilisation in the Tasmanian South Coast Wilderness.

He had actually carried a surf-board all that way.

I love that you used that in a story! I try to do that sometimes, like taking photographs and specific images. For one story I had a guy fall out of a tree with his camera, which I've done. Thankfully I didn't hurt myself though. Anyway, I love hearing what inspires stories for people. For me it's been photographs, memories, emotions, magazine articles, dreams. I've found that I will get small flashes of ideas or scenes, stories, or even just lines by characters at random points so I try to keep a notepad and pen near me at all times. I knew you used scenery and landscapes from your own trips, but that you actually came across a hiker carrying a surfboard is a really cool bit of inspiration.

• Like 1

I love that you used that in a story! I try to do that sometimes, like taking photographs and specific images. For one story I had a guy fall out of a tree with his camera, which I've done. Thankfully I didn't hurt myself though. Anyway, I love hearing what inspires stories for people. For me it's been photographs, memories, emotions, magazine articles, dreams. I've found that I will get small flashes of ideas or scenes, stories, or even just lines by characters at random points so I try to keep a notepad and pen near me at all times. I knew you used scenery and landscapes from your own trips, but that you actually came across a hiker carrying a surfboard is a really cool bit of inspiration.

Oh my, falling out of a tree is definitely NOT on my list of wannadoes - even for the purposes of inspiration - the closest I've come to that is being stuck on my roof for an hour when I knocked the ladder down by mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

For anyone who enjoyed the story or who might like pics of beach and wilderness I have added a gallery for TTT.

Enjoy!

Iarwain.

Thanks! I enjoyed!

Gosh, what would I give to get there for a hike - with a hot guy...

• Like 1