Help with Storyline Development

jian_sierra

Hi guys. Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Really need help with the the development of a storyline. Basically, I'm wondering if a person can get drunk so much that he won't know who he had sex with? I don't drink so I really wouldn't know.

I'm thinking the drunk guy knows he had sex, but he could only remember snapshots of the actual deed. As for the mystery guy, he feels he knows him but couldn't place him exactly. Is this storyline believable?

Thanks in advance.

John

Everyone is a little different about what they remember and how much they drink ... so it can happen in terms of faint images ... vague recollections ... this is a bit different than amnesia ... by having a foggy drunk brain ... or ... if he's the bottom how can't he not be reminded that he didn't have sex and the guy left some other memento at his apartment ... do we expect the other one be the one night stand that the main character is trying to find who.

• Like 1

Hi guys. Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Really need help with the the development of a storyline. Basically, I'm wondering if a person can get drunk so much that he won't know who he had sex with? I don't drink so I really wouldn't know.

I'm thinking the drunk guy knows he had sex, but he could only remember snapshots of the actual deed. As for the mystery guy, he feels he knows him but couldn't place him exactly. Is this storyline believable?

Thanks in advance.

John

John-

This is perfectly plausible.

Many people suffer memory loss while they are drunk. They may remember bits and pieces but they'll never put the puzzle back together again. Alcohol interferes with the way the brain stores memories.

"Blackouts" are common among drinkers. A person will act normally but won't remember a thing. This tends to happen to young people who drink to much too fast for their body weight or older heavy drinkers.

eg. They will often go out drinking and not remember how they got home or any details about the night.

Blackout drinking is one of a cluster of symptoms that indicate alcoholism.

References:

Alcohol Related Amnesia

• Like 1

Massive alcohol consumption can indeed lead to amnesia, but I have my doubts as to whether someone would be able to have full-blown sex in that state at all. If your story involves young adults with no history of regualr alcohol intake, I'd say it would be more believable if it stopped somewhere no further than third base.

EDIT: After reading James' link, I'm not so sure anymore.... :P

Edited by Bleu
  • Like 2