London Riots

Former Member

and here we have the answer:

http://www.mirror.co...15875-23335860/

London riots: Young rioters say they're proud to steal

By MELISSA THOMPSON and RACHAEL BLETCHLY, Daily Mirror 11/08/2011

“People say it started ‘cause of Tottenham,” he said, “but that had nothing to do with what happened.

“People did what they did because they could. So what if we get caught? Prison’s full so no one’s going to go there, are they?”

Surveying the boarded-up buildings, LJ has little sympathy. “I suppose you could say people got carried away,” he shrugged. “I threw bricks because they were there.”

“I saw kids who were eight years old, everyone got involved. They just went in and grabbed what they could. Why not?”

Attitudes were similar in Manchester on Tuesday night where two lads loitered.

Admitting they had been looting earlier, the lad said: “Why are you going to waste the opportunity to get new stuff?

“We could afford to buy stuff, but it’s not about that. It’s about the Government – them taking stuff away... in my case I don’t go to college no more cos I don’t get paid, do I?

“The Government aren’t in control. If they were we wouldn’t be able to do it.” His mate piped up: “Yeah, what can they do? I’ll keep doing this until I get caught. My family don’t know where I am – they think I’m just out.”

But his pal bragged: “I told my mam I’m here. She said ‘Get home, you’re in trouble’ I said ‘no’ and just put down the phone.

“When I get home nothing will happen. I might get shouted at but that’s about it. I can live with that and just keep doing it.”

The boys had no fear of a criminal record. One said: “Prisons are overcrowded so what are they gonna do – give me an asbo? I’ll live with that.”

sadly this doesn't surprise me at all, young people are slowly losing their manners and morals in this country and tarnishes good young people with the same brush <_<

It's going to take a hell of a lot to change the attitudes of a lot of young people in this country.

Unfortunately the press are not something which can be relied upon with stories such as this. I'm not saying to ignore everything, but keep in mind that when it comes to anything involving anybody under the age of 20 the British Press have one hell of a bias.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the press are not something which can be relied upon with stories such as this. I'm not saying to ignore everything, but keep in mind that when it comes to anything involving anybody under the age of 20 the British Press have one hell of a bias.

British media problems again?

News Corp wasn't enough?

Ahem, did they construct all that stuff? Did it not happen and they invented the pictures. If the opinion of the 21yo above is anything to go by, then there is one hell of a lot to get onto young people about. Realism for a start.

Now, tell me, is 2000+ and rising arrests by the Met an unfair figure whitewashed into existence by the press?

Sometimes it takes a few live rounds in the right place to sort things out.

Better sooner rather than later when the situation is completely out of hand.

This is just ... ocht never mind

Shockingly, youths are the main cause of this riots. My friend was mugged on Harrow road few hours ago by them and he has sustain injury because of they want to steal his smartphone ==

Don't tell me your friend is the one that has been watched everywhere on youtube? :) Hope he's ok anyway.