Isn't Harry Potter awesome?

AsmodeusBoy7

for a while i secretly role played on a very extensive writing based/text RPG world site thing revolving around hogwarts, I was a slytherin (placed there by answering situations my character would be in etc etc and then asking me questions it was very intense) and my character was eventually gay, another writer on there collaborated with me and his character and over the course of like 4 real life months (maybe longer) we created this relationship from being unsure to devoted characters in love. the best part about text based RPG is you go back and forth with another writer creating a moment. probably some of my best writing probably when i was into it. A scene could last a week depending on how busy you are or who is posting quicker or something.

all because of harry potter, the guy i also wrote with talked to me on the phone alot. it was a strange relationship. sometimes i wonder if it f**ked me up somehow now. thinking about this makes me feel very vulnerable.

all for harry potter though, shit.

Ron Weasley is the real star of the series.

Darn and I thought it was Neville Longbottom :P

J.K far outshines a lot of what I've read in the YA novels.. Harry Potter in the early works was borderline corny at times. I believe I wanted to skip the second or third book and they got a bit lengthy in the latter parts. Harry had his annoying qualities though, not going to lie I hated the way he acted in the 4th and 5th books. J.K fell into the trap of creating a character that had flaws, sure, but also could fall into a betty-sam.. lol. You know, Bettie Sue I am perfect and who the hell are you?.. types? It was a bit of a put off and I thought she could have managed that side of the main character a bit better. What made the book what it was though, was partially the plot, but definitely the supporting cast of characters...