This made me cry :(

wildone

• Site Administrator

So on Monday my lil Sister had a baby boy and luckily I was one of the few to get to visit her on the Maternity ward when her hubby and his two brothers had left.

I was holding on to a newborn baby that was only six hours old and it really moved me. At one point the nurse wanted to get my sister up and walking, so she said I had to babysit and she plunked Matthew down in my arms and they were gone for about an hour.

What a angel Posted Image

Then today, on the Yahoo.ca, I see this link. Since I don't know if everybody will be able to see the Canadian website, I will post the preamble and then the video.

I know that there is probably more to the story, and yes, there is a slight activism angle to it, but if at first watching you don't cry, then wow.

Gregory and Ryan Miller lost their mother, Nicole, in a car crash eight years ago.

As a tribute to their mother, the siblings rewrote the lyrics of Vanessa Carlton’s “A Thousand Miles” — complete with a bittersweet video in which they ask that older model Ford Explorers be taken off the road.

They miss their mom. And they want to save the lives of other moms.

Grab a tissue.

Edited by wildone
  • Like 3

I remember holding my brother when he came home from the hospital (I'm 4 years older than he is). Such an awesome feeling, and it's weird that I remember things like that even though I was only 4 years old at the time.

And I totally love that song, it's one of my favorites. That blue eyed boy is going to be a total hottie when he gets older.

I'm trying not to think about those poor kids having to grow up without their mom; I cry enough just re-reading Second Shot. Posted Image

Here's a link to a story about their video; I wonder why they are being interviewed by Canadian media, seeing as how they are from Florida?

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20120127/viral-video-pays-tribute-mom-died-rollover-120127/

You're right, that was sad. I remember when the problem with the Ford Explorer first came out and the fault was shifted from Ford to the tire manufacturer. For any of you familiar with my story, Castaway Hotel, you'll recall that's the vehicle I used for the accident that took Brent's life.

They are both very talented boys and I'm sure their mother would have been very proud of them.

Congrats on the nephew. I remember holding my own children after they were first born and it's a memory I shall always cherish.

For any of you familiar with my story, Castaway Hotel, you'll recall that's the vehicle I used for the accident that took Brent's life.

Wow, that's right; I didn't even realize it was the same vehicle. I'll never forget that chapter; I think that was the very first time I had ever cried while reading gay fiction. Brent was such a likeable character and it didn't seem fair that his life had to be snuffed out like that. :(

Wow, that's right; I didn't even realize it was the same vehicle. I'll never forget that chapter; I think that was the very first time I had ever cried while reading gay fiction. Brent was such a likeable character and it didn't seem fair that his life had to be snuffed out like that. Posted Image

I thought the exact same thing. That was a very sad chapter indeed.