Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

solar-powered-catamaran-goes-around-the-world-in-584-days

Trevor could only wish he had this baby!!

maybe bridget has this one??

http://www.latimes.c...0,3621030.story

It took the 115-foot boat 584 days -- roughly 19 month -- to make it all around the world. That is admittedly not a super-fast pace.

But there were stops along the way to promote solar power and even an encounter with pirates. There was also some waiting for the sun to come up to power those lithium batteries.

That is a nice looking boat! Super impractical (almost 2 years for a circumnavigation). I also noticed the encounter with pirates; I'm glad they had the common sense to arm up for that passage, and got through okay.

Super impractical (almost 2 years for a circumnavigation).

Yes... I'm pretty sure I can see your little goat tongue planted firmly in your little goat cheek. Trevor's been at it for way longer and he's in a super swanky catamaran....

Yes... I'm pretty sure I can see your little goat tongue planted firmly in your little goat cheek. Trevor's been at it for way longer and he's in a super swanky catamaran....

Well, Trevor has been at it for less than a year, in HIS time (He started May of 2006, it is now January 2007) but yes, that was a tongue in cheek jab at the author, for taking two years to tell this tale. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..