Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Euro's 2012

Yettie One

Well, looks like a match up of Spain versus Germany.

Actually, I heard from a friend that Germany for some reason usually has problems with Italy, whenever they are facing off. Is that true?

I think Portugal were really unlucky in that game. Spain seemed to have to rely on fouling Ronaldo in order to stop him scoring. Bit of a nonsense really! :/

Erm yeah I'd say Spain v Germany for the final.

Not heard of anything between Italy and Germany! Posted Image Maybe they are just scared of Andrea Pirlo! :P

Although Spain beat Portugal, considering it was a semi-final matchup I didn't think either team showed any spark. There certainly wasn't a great deal of offense, and I'm not just talking about the scoring.

I agree that Germany should probably take it all, but since WL pointed out that Germany has had problems with Italy in the past, this could be interesting.

Got to be honest, I didn't see that one coming at all. Well done to those that figured Italy might win it.

So what is the issue with Italy and Germany. To loose to them 8 times in a row. :/ that must be kinda soul destroying. Grrrrrrrrr

Spain v Italy for the final. I'd never have guessed that.

Meh don't know who i want to win now! :/

Bah! I knew it. Germany simply can't win against Italy. Maybe it's cause they've lost so many times in a row and they're just hopeless or something. Stupid Italians....although they are really pretty :D

• Like 1

Darn, I cursed Germany with my statistical knowledge of futbol, shit! :o

I am going to have to go into witness protection :P

Spain v. Italy, It looks like Spain should win it all, but I am rooting for Italy, just because they're so cute and I like pasta.

Germany looked like they were phoning it in. They didn't look engaged at all and the kind of defense they were playing (which means none at all) a competent 18U could have beaten them.

Don't get me wrong, Italy played brilliantly and had they had anyone but Gianluigi Buffon in goal, it might have been a different game. Then again, if Germany hadn't had Manuel Neuer in goal, it could have been 4-0 at halftime. You can't fault him for Germany's porous and lackadaisical defense. The defenders were beaten and beaten badly time and again.

The final is a very tough call for me on who to root for. My beloved Jamón ibérico vs an equally beloved Parma prosciutto.

• Like 1

Well, tomorrow is Spain and Italy. Which way is everyone leaning? I'd actually like to see Italy pull the upset. It would make the German and English fans feel better to know they got beaten by the champ. lol

By the way, Spain will win. Probably beat Germany in the finals.

See.... we could have stopped the discussion three pages ago.

The only hiccup was that Itlee beat Germany in the semis.

Well Spain won, as expected.

Oh well, I'll just eat my Fettuccine with homemade spicy Alfredo sauce in sadness.

To be fair Italy was down a man for quite some time in the second half, so it was only a matter of time before 2:0 turned into more. Dont really like either team, since their obviously not germans, but atleast Spain doesnt keep kicking our ass Posted Image

Edited by Sympathia

I was a little disappointed in Spain that they kept trying to score after it became apparent Italy had no heart left. They should have subbed and worked on the runs and set-ups to score without actually shooting.

• 2 weeks later...