Gangnam Style

Andrea

I've probably watched this five times in the last two days. Catchy!

I searched and didn't find a thread on this. If it is a repost, I'm sorry, feel free to close it or do whatever is needed.

• Like 3

Can't understand a word he was singing, but it is really funny just looking at it.

Haha, neither can I.

The video is all over the internet right now though, #2 on the Youtube music charts right now and is averaging about 4m views a day. Pretty crazy.

I'm an avid K-Pop listener and this guys gets worldwide recognition... though I do have to say the music is catchy and I do like one other song of his for the same reason.

I am actually a very recent kpop fan, im interested to know what groups you listen to?

I am actually a very recent kpop fan, im interested to know what groups you listen to?

I know you didn't ask me, BUT IMMA SAY ANYWAY!

I think K-Pop is split a lot like any other genre of music. I like more of the hip-hop/R&B style while my boyfriend goes for more girl-groups and cutesy pop. The different agencies tend to sprout out different types of sounds overall too.

My favorites would be: Big Bang, SHINee, Teen Top, B1A4, 2NE1, Rania, DBSK, SunnyHill.

Boyfriends: SNSD, SISTAR, T-Ara... I can't remember much else.

I know you didn't ask me, BUT IMMA SAY ANYWAY!

I think K-Pop is split a lot like any other genre of music. I like more of the hip-hop/R&B style while my boyfriend goes for more girl-groups and cutesy pop. The different agencies tend to sprout out different types of sounds overall too.

My favorites would be: Big Bang, SHINee, Teen Top, B1A4, 2NE1, Rania, DBSK, SunnyHill.

Boyfriends: SNSD, SISTAR, T-Ara... I can't remember much else.

Lol! I kind of go for the girl groups too! My favorites are: Miss A, 2ne1, Super Junior, BoA, Girls Generation (SNSD), EXO-K those are the ones that give me the most life.

I also listen to after school and B.A.P.

This first paragraph are ones I really like, love even. I actually like ballad songs/groups. I especially enjoy 2am (boy ballad group). Like I am crushing hard on two of the members. In fact, my avatar picture features one of the dudes (the guy on the left, which is one of the two guys I'm crushing on). I like the Brown Eyed Girls a lot. I like them becase their recent songs have more underlying meanings to them rather than just being about love/romance etc. I also loved Son Gain (a member of the Brown Eyed Girls who went solo for awhile). I also greatly enjoy CN BLue and FT Island. V.O.S (Voices of Soul). I also like F(X) and the group's leader's, Victoria, personality has to do with it to some degree too. Kim Bum Soo. T-ara's songs are catchy and one of the girls I really like because of her appearances in a few k-dramas. I also greatly like Miss A and 2NE1.

I listen to the same groups as Panda and the ones you listed. Others I listen to and enjoy are 2pm (the companion group to 2am, from the same studio), Gavy NJ, SeeYa, a few songs from the Super Juniors (just a few and usually the fast paced songs... they're not really good at ballad songs IMO), 8eight (the guy in my avatar picture on the right belongs to this group, I believe and I like his body and voice too - haha), Co-Ed, K. Will, SS501 (an older boy band group... but they have new stuff now too), Kara, 4minute, and of course the Wonder Girls. There are many groups where I like one or two of their songs (which is a lot of groups or persons, as K-Pop seem to only release songs by the pair... mini albums (albums with less than 6 songs) are very prevalent in Korea because of the multitude of groups the studios crap out).

And to list a few I don't mind listening to:

Teen Top, Beast, Infinite, G.NA, Kahi, Sistar, 4Men, SM The Ballad, Kim Jong Kook, ZE:A, Wax, Rainbow, Joo, Baek Ji Young, Seung Ri, Code V, Hwanhee...

Sorry if I overwhlemed you, just wanted to list a few for you to look up if you like.

Sorry about the delay in response. I forgot I commented on this thread. Posted Image

Edited by John Doe
  • Like 1

AHHH! I'm so happy you posted Seung Ri! That's where my name comes from! Victory (VI/Seungri) and Panda (because he looks like a Panda)!! XD I actually broke my phone which holds all my music, so I had to switch to CD's in my car to listen to when I drive. His mini album was the one I picked to listen to and I completely forgot about my phone. I also have two of his YG cards from the mini album and the ALIVE album as well as a two posters of just him. Sorry, I just really love that boy to pieces! He makes me smile!
  • Like 1

AHHH! I'm so happy you posted Seung Ri! That's where my name comes from! Victory (VI/Seungri) and Panda (because he looks like a Panda)!! XD I actually broke my phone which holds all my music, so I had to switch to CD's in my car to listen to when I drive. His mini album was the one I picked to listen to and I completely forgot about my phone. I also have two of his YG cards from the mini album and the ALIVE album as well as a two posters of just him. Sorry, I just really love that boy to pieces! He makes me smile!

Ah the fan gushing... :P He hasn't made a lasting impression on me yet, but I'm sure that song will come soon... but I do enjoy him when one of his songs come thru via shuffle mode.

• 3 weeks later...