[Andrew_Q_Gordon] The Last Grand Master - Release Date Feb 1, 2013

Part of why I've been so scarce lately - as I mentioned in a blog post - has been that in the month of December I've been working to get my second book - The Last Grand Master - ready for publication.was release first in GA Premium Content as Chosen of Honorus.  The name was changed by the publisher for marketing reasons.  There are a few additions in the book from what was release GA, but nothing substantively important.  Most of the changes were to clarify things the editors didn't  think were clear enough.

For those that didn't read it in GA Premium, here is a bit of info on the book:

In a war that shook the earth, the Six gods of Nendor defeated their brother Neldin, god of evil. For the three thousand years since, Nendor and the Seven Kingdoms have known peace and prosperity. 

But then a new wizard unleashes the power of Neldin. Meglar, wizard king of Zargon, uses dark magic to create an army of creatures to carry out his master’s will.

One by one, the sovereign realms fall. Soon the only wizard who can stop Meglar is Grand Master Farrell, the Prince of Haven, the hidden home of refugees. An untried wizard, Farrell carries a secret that could hold the key to defeating Meglar—or it could destroy the world.

While helping Nerti, queen of the unicorns, Farrell saves Miceral, an immortal muchari warrior the Six have chosen to be Farrell’s mate. But Farrell approaches love with caution, and before he can decide how to proceed, Meglar invades a neighboring kingdom. Farrell and Miceral find themselves in the middle of the battle. Farrell pushes himself to the limit as he and Miceral fight not only to stop Meglar but for their very survival.

Just a couple things that I'll probably talk about again over time - This series is somewhat long.  I originally envisioned 4 books.  The first was originally about 330K works, about 3 times too long for a publisher.  So it was pared down some for GA Premium and for publication. Books 2 & 3 were both in the 500K word range.  And book for will probably come in around that number as well.  So add it up and you have about 1.8 million words or roughly 15 books in the range the publisher wants. This isn't going to be 15 books.  More like 6-7.  

Second, in all likelihood, all 7 will be available on GA Premium before they are published, so if you like them you can wait to buy them or you can read them as part of the Premium Membership.  

But if you want to buy a couple you can pre-order it now from the Publisher or you can buy it starting Feb 1, 2013. It comes in all e formats and in paperback.  Here's the link:

The Last Grand Master. by Andrew Q. Gordon

Thanks

Andy

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I realize I've been a bit 'gone' lately. Though I dare say I don't think too many people missed me.  [And please I'm not looking for a bunch of - oh yes we did replies.] I miss things when they were simpler, no editing, no deadlines I HAD to meet, no trying to network to socialize to drum up interest in the book.  In many ways it was easier to just write post and let others read.  But then you get the book in your hand and you're like - okay it was worth it.

That said, I posted an update on my website with the new book info.  If you pre-order before Sunday from the publisher, it's 20% off.  Everything - even new releases and pre-orders are 20% off at Dreamspinner Press.   So feel free to go pre-order a book or two [hopefully one from me]

http://andrewqgordon.com/posts/

• Like 1

So Tomorrow is the release date, but two things I can mention now.

On Saturday at 3 pm eastern time - I will be chatting on the Dreamspinner press Facebook Page.  Stop by for a chance to win a free book, say hello ask silly questions I'll try to answer and embarrass me.  You can RSVP here:  http://www.facebook.com/events/421725964570109

Second, the publisher sent out the book ahead of time to book reviewers.  I got this really nice review today:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/522751014

Check it out if you want to read a bit more before you decide you have to buy the book.  0:)

AQG