A Simple Question With Big Implications

TetRefine

For me, my attraction to girls and boys has always been very confusing. I could never conclude which sex I ultimately like better, or if I would ever be satisfied with one gender over the other. In addition, it has actually hindered coming out to my parents more so than if I were 100% gay, as well as certain friendships with people who don't even believe that bisexuality exists. It also stands in the way when I'm trying to date girls in a society where any sort of homosexuality is still frowned upon. I've grown rather sick of trying to hide and justify myself to people who judge me for what they don't know.

Given the choice of a pill to change my sexuality, I would not take it because what I went through has made me tougher, wiser, and the more open minded person I am today, but I do not think being bisexual is very "fun." >: D

Edited by FishWings

• Site Administrator

I understand a lot of what James has said, my first bf turned out HIV+, I experienced a lot of hate and bigotry in school...but a lot of good things happened to me too.

Would I take the pill, no. I think of the journey I have taken since I was around six when I first figured out that I like other boys, to when I was ten when I found out what gay was, to the years of hardship and disappointment that I had in myself through my teens, then the living two complete and separate lives through my twenties that never intersected, to coming out in my thirties and finding that my family and friends didn't really care and being able to live one life.

The journey has been long and tiresome, but I am proud to say I'm gay :)