The 85th Oscars

methodwriter85

Alright, as we begin to gear up for the 85th Oscars, I thought I'd start us off with this...

2012 really was  great year for films. It's pretty incredible to think just how loaded the Oscar Race is- the only real sure bets are Daniel Day Lewis for Best Actor and Anne Hathaway for Best Supporting Actress.

I really wish Bradley Cooper had a chance because his turn in Silver Linings Playbook was just that good.

Who are you guys rooting for?

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel Day-Lewis's third Best Actor Oscar - amazing. He's been in some excellent films including the 1985 gay love story My Beautiful Launderette. This is a significant early gay movie and has a happy ending :) If you've not seen it you should, although US members will probably want the subtitles on :P

Yeah, I really wished Bradley Cooper had a shot, because he was fantastic- but DDL gave a virtuso performance. No one had a shot.

I'm also pretty happy that Jennifer Lawrence won. I loved Silver Linings Playbook.

I was happy to see Argo win.  And I found Seth Macfarlane offensive, pointless, and boring in turn.  I guess you have to be a fan of his show to enjoy him as host.  :/

I found Seth Macfarlane offensive, pointless, and boring in turn.  I guess you have to be a fan of his show to enjoy him as host.  :/

Didn't watch it. Maybe they should have got this guy :P

Buzzfeed mocked up a Christian Dior ad of Jennifer Lawrence's fall. Pretty stunning ad, I think:

enhanced-buzz-27368-1361981505-1.jpg

She somehow managed to look graceful while falling on her ass. Pretty impressive.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1