News For Babylon 5 Lovers!

• Site Administrator

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news03/031202b.php

JMS on "Babylon 5" Future

Posted: Tuesday Dec. 2, 2003 7:00pm (Au-EST)

Author: Garth Franklin

Source: Darkhorzons.com

The creator of the cult smash sci-fi show recently posted one of his usual messages to a newsgroup about what's going on with the franchise and revealed some surprising new stuff. Here's his message in his own words:

"On the B5 front, there has been something of rather substantial proportion that's finally gone from talk to money, such that I'm now working frantically to meet some deadlines, but there's nothing I can say about this until after January 15th, probably closer to the end of that month.

The only thing I can say is that phase one of the new project is a go, hence the furious writing schedule at this end of things, which is why I've been silent until deciding to kick up some dust on the political discusion. I've been writing my little brains out. I wouldn't go on about something in this way if it wasn't a significant development.

Next year you can expect two new DVD sets that a) include all of the TV movies in one package (with commentaries from me on "The Gathering" and "In the Beginning") and B) package all 13 of the Crusade episodes into one box." The latest Babylon 5 movie "Legend of the Rangers" will not be among the movie set however".

Thanks to 'Maagic' & JMSNews.com

• Site Administrator

This is great! I have every episode on tape and even a few of the movies. Still missing Thirdspace and River of Souls though.

And I have Season 2 on DVD. When I have more money, I'll have every B5 thing on DVD.

I'm looking forward to this new project. Hopefully it's a new show that gives JMS creative control, unlike Crusade, which TNT screwed up something awful.