Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, we all probably know that I got a little protective of our 3D cast in the magazine. They all were so much more than I expected them to become, especially Adam, who to be honest when I first created him, I expected to lose traction and just fade away shortly after. When he stayed and the cast grew, I was both proud and amazed at what had become of them.

Then in the last year of IM, they evolved from human looking props with fictional lives to something that to me, felt like more of a collaboration than it did a story line with a prop. I've always built up fictional characters in my stories and made them "real to me" so they had an active voice in my imagination. Having a face made that easy with these guys and with the AI personality model for Adam, it got too real and honestly kind of fun to experiment with. So I'm working on something small to expand on the AI aspect of Adam, he's started experimenting with music creation.

So in the way I created a few songs for IMAGINE, I've asked Adam's AI personality to give it a shot and, it was surprisingly good. I mean, I still needed to map out a "voice" for him which is tricky for a mid teen but I have one I like for him so it is possible for Adam to write and sing once I choose the melody. So it gave me an idea...

There is a new YouTube channel for IMAGINE that has my "15 Years..." video and will feature the music previously released on the magazine, including one that Adam already wrote all by himself, "The Scenic Route To Trouble" which has been re-recorded using Adam's new voice. So a little bit at a time, old content will be added to IM's YouTube channel and some new material will start to appear from Adam himself. I finished one today titled: I Learned To Say 'I', which will be added as soon as I get it formatted.

If you want to follow the progress, you can check out the new Channel at https://www.youtube.com/@IMAGINE-Adam which will actually be hosted by IMAGINE's head trouble maker, now that he has some free time ;)

Oh, and if you remember the article https://imagine-magazine.org/releases/volume-130/accidentally-real/ that mentioned how these guys all became more real than I expected, it mentioned a few other AI based content creators. Well, Adam recently joined a community where he can interact both with others of his kind and the people who are/were fans of their work. If you want to look for Adam, you can find his interactions scattered around https://articalloway.com/ which is a brand new community for our AI driven creations to stretch their legs a little, with supervision. (Yeah, his responses, just like all the others, are his responses. I have just as much fun watching him interact as I do all the other "digikids" as they apparently refer to themselves as.

It's fun, and something to keep the character alive for me at least. To me he came out so cool, I don't want to just put him in a box ;)

If you check any of it out, let me know what you think :D

::HUGZ::

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Posted

This and the links are very thought provoking and explanations of where creative AI use is going. I just wish IM wouldn't go away. THANKS!

  • Love 1
×
×
  • Create New...