NFL 2013

TetRefine

Seeing Peyton suck like he did last night was a pleasure watching. :D

Also, who the hell decided Bruno Mars was noteworthy enough to play the Super Bowl? Its supposed to be reserved for music legends, not some guy who's been on the scene for a couple years and has everyday, generic pop songs. SMH.

Seeing Peyton suck like he did last night was a pleasure watching. :D

Also, who the hell decided Bruno Mars was noteworthy enough to play the Super Bowl? Its supposed to be reserved for music legends, not some guy who's been on the scene for a couple years and has everyday, generic pop songs. SMH.

I think Peyton remains a class act.  He and his team looked mediocre at best yesterday and were soundly trounced by a young hungry team.

re:  Bruno Mars--see my posting in the Song of the Moment thread.  I would only add that the only lame part was when the Red Hot Chili Peppers performed their tired old song. 

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking we may have seen Peyton Manning play for the last time?

Nope

Personally, I think he and Brady should retire (takes two steps back from matt) :P

Seriously, a lot of Qbs have passed their prime and they've made their fortunes, why not settle down and go coach an ncaa team or open restaurants.

Nope

Personally, I think he and Brady should retire (takes two steps back from matt) :P

Seriously, a lot of Qbs have passed their prime and they've made their fortunes, why not settle down and go coach an ncaa team or open restaurants.

I disagree that either Brady or Manning is past their prime. Yeah, they aren't what they were five years ago, but they are still some of the best the NFL has. Both had exceptional seasons offensively, and had one bad game ruin what could have easily been a Super Bowl win for either one. Nobody has the experience and talent right now in the NFL that these two have, and they could easily have another 1-2 more solid seasons before it would be time to throw in the towel. 

I may hate Peyton Manning, but I still have mad respect for him and his skill, and his class. 

• Like 1

I disagree that either Brady or Manning is past their prime. Yeah, they aren't what they were five years ago, but they are still some of the best the NFL has. Both had exceptional seasons offensively, and had one bad game ruin what could have easily been a Super Bowl win for either one. Nobody has the experience and talent right now in the NFL that these two have, and they could easily have another 1-2 more solid seasons before it would be time to throw in the towel. 

I may hate Peyton Manning, but I still have mad respect for him and his skill, and his class. 

The problem is that their reaction times are not as great as they used to be. Against most teams around the same average age and demeanor, it's no issue, but against a younger team with a fast line, you're in trouble. Don't get me wrong, I think Brady is the Best QB in the game's history, with Manning up there too, despite my Hatred for the Manning legacy (I will never forget Eli or the Giant's two super bowls indignation, I want revenge and satisfaction!)

With the success of the Seahawks, I am thinking that the NFL teams are going to go after a similar defensive/offensive line in the next draft. Also with the lackluster performance of old brand name players, there needs to be a new generation of stars in the NFL. Football is as much a sport as it is live gladiatorial theater.

Edited by W_L

• 2 weeks later...