2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

Physical Abuse

Cris L

Can anyone reccomend some writings on or offline - where i can read/research physical abuse of young (pre-teen) children.

That's an awfully large topic. Can you point to more specific issues or questions?

BTW, I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum for this question, since it doesn't address Dom's stories. You might want to try one of the forums on the main Gay Authors page.

Edit - This Thread was moved to the GENERAL forum. - Vic

Edited by naper_vic

In online gay fiction, there's not much material about pre-pubescent or pre-teens.

However, there are many examples of the physical abuse of adolescents.

Comicality's My Only Escape is a good example of plain old physical abuse.

Dom's the Log Way is an example of physical abuse because of sexual orientation.

As far as books go, Dave Pelzer's A Child Called It is a classic.

That's an awfully large topic. Can you point to more specific issues or questions?

No - I just want to do some general reading.

Basically I have this character in my head who has been abused by life - in that he has been maybe sexually/physically abused, and then gets kicked out of his home at 16 when his parents discover he's gay.

Although we never know him as a teen, we meet him when he's in his mid 20's when he's still suffering in a variety of ways, i.e. he isn't able to sustain a relationship with someone who really loves him, and is always screwing up.

In online gay fiction, there's not much material about pre-pubescent or pre-teens.

OK

Comicality's My Only Escape is a good example of plain old physical abuse.

Thanks - will go check this out!

Dom's the Log Way is an example of physical abuse because of sexual orientation.

Yeah, but its not quite what i was looking for though.

As far as books go, Dave Pelzer's A Child Called It is a classic.

Had forgotten about this. Thanks

Maybe someone can help my out with the title. It was on Nifty, in the adult/youth section. A really good story where this gay man helps a boy who was living on the street. He passed him by the first time, just gave him some money, then went back after the meeting. He almost didn't see him again. When the boy revealed himself, the man took him home and helped him through recovery. I believe it took place in Canada.

Boy on a String

Maybe someone can help my out with the title. It was on Nifty, in the adult/youth section. A really good story where this gay man helps a boy who was living on the street. He passed him by the first time, just gave him some money, then went back after the meeting. He almost didn't see him again. When the boy revealed himself, the man took him home and helped him through recovery. I believe it took place in Canada.

Boy on a String

"Happy Christmas, Neil & Norman", by Andrej Koymaskey?

Read Abandoned Boy by Tom Gaige on Nifty...it's a good outline of what you're looking for...Simon is abused and gets the boot from home...and, the best part is that he was physically and sexually abused...it's in the highschool section

Thanks for this !

http://eu.nifty.org/nifty/gay/highschool/abandoned-boy/

I have actually read this story - but forgot it completely !

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/adult-youth...pare-a-quarter/

Can you spate a quarter is the nam of the story I was thinking of.

Boy on a String

Lib, can you provide a link to the one you are talking about?

Thanks

Hmmmm. The site is here: http://andrejkoymasky.com/lib.html

It used to be free, but it looks like you have to write Andrej now and get a password.

Edit: found it on Nifty:

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/relationshi...eil-and-norman/

Edited by libbonobo