Blood of the Neko by Craftingmom

Hey all,

It was suggested to me by a reader that I should maybe start a discussion forum for the neko sequel.  You can guess and predict what might happen, or maybe eventually fuss and fume at the characters!  

Anyway, hope you enjoy reading the second installment of Kayden and Damien's evolving relationship.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Ruh Roh. I have a bad feeling about Kayden being in those woods. Good thing is they've finally talked, well ok, Damien yelled, but at least it's out in the open now. Reading Sammiam's review, I would say that Kayden really didn't realize what was making Damien angry. He is still too innocent to think that someone else might want him....and cats have litter mates right? Finn would have been a playmate, like any kitten might have had. He also asked advice from other men who knew Damien and they didn't seem to realize what was actually bothering him either. Oliver was the only one who finally figured things out and called Damien on it.

• Like 1

Yes, I think Sammiam was just trying to say that it just wasn't all Damien's fault, at least that's what I understood.  And it's not totally, but it is MOSTLY Damien's fault because he jumped to a lot of conclusions without talking to Kayden.  Like Gene said, it's probably 99% Damien's fault and 1% Kayden's.  Yes, Kayden wouldn't see anything wrong with his interactions with Finn.  His 'fault', so to speak, was basically in the lie about the bruise, which is part of what triggered Damien's doubts.  While Kayden just wanted to keep his learning to fight a secret for a bit longer because he was worried Damien would make him stop, he didn't realize how much effect lying to Damien would have.  

It's not surprising that Ch. 9 here has caused a bit of uproar, especially about how Damien treats Kayden.  He should not have exploded in front of everyone (and he realizes that later) and he should have talked with Kayden.  

• 2 weeks later...

It seems I accidentally crawled inside your mind there for a moment. Hope you don't mind the visit...

What I like most about your stories is the pacing, that you let things take its time. There is no insta-love, no quick fixes. Small problems take a little time to resolve, big problems take longer. It might be frustrating for some, but so is life.