Did anybody else enjoy water. The ending was great I wonder if Harley got togther with Gem

I thought that was clearly implied at the end. Modeling "fee" and a shared passion for painting and a common interest in surfing - what more does it take for love to bloom? :wub:

I really enjoyed this story. I'm not very familiar with the genre, but I felt that I, um, grokked the spirits in the story 0:) It was well crafted, and made my heart warm and my eyes wet. :2thumbs:

Nitpick: I'm puzzled when an writer appears not to enjoy his own work enough to read it over, slowly, one more time before posting. An author of Lugh's caliber ought not to misspell "to" twice :(

Jingjok

The symbol of "water" in literature is a fascinating topic, representing both "cleansing" and the "feminine," among other things. I like that kind of deep imagery in writing. I think Lugh makes excellent use of symbolism and imagery in his work.

As for typos, we all have them ... Kitty goes over my stuff twice, and I re-read each chapter/story several times in addition to that, and I frequently still find a typo here or there after I've posted. It happens to all of us, and it even happens frequently in officially published writings.

Guest petruck
Nitpick: I'm puzzled when an writer appears not to enjoy his own work enough to read it over, slowly, one more time before posting. An author of Lugh's caliber ought not to misspell "to" twice :(

Jingjok

I've read my own work over ten times and had it beta'd only to find it still had typos in it. :blink:

I personaly know Lugh reads, edits, reads, deletes, reads, edits and then reads again. Shit happens dude.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved Water.

I agree that Lugh does an awesome job with imagery and symbolism.

I find that I have to stay on my toes when I'm reading Lugh. His amazing creativity and depth draw the reader in very close to the story. I also have trouble stopping. I generally have to read his stories in one sitting, and that can be a time management problem!

Even though this story had a sad element to it, Lugh found a way to express all the complex emotional levels that go along with extreme grief. You could see laughter in there, and happiness too. That is real life too. Nothing is ever really clean.

I've been a fantasy reader my whole life. One of the things that always draws me to the genre is that the writers don't feel bound by standard rules of engagement in their writing. They feel free to play as if in a virtual sandbox. They write on their own terms. I love that. Lugh does that almost effortlessly.

As for typos, or other minor issues, I'll take those all day to be able to read writing like this. As others have pointed out, they're everywhere. I read a NY bestseller last week that had two or three, and those go through hundreds of reviewers/editors. So, it's a nonissue for me unless it's flagrant, which it never is with Lugh.

The key is to experience the amazing creative energy in play. That is what I really enjoy.

So, nice job Lugh. Once again we bow to your talent. :worship:

Centaur