Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Banner Sizes

Hudson Bartholomew
Go to solution Solved by Cia,

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

Best Size for Profile Banner/Promoted Author Banner: 848x121

**Please be aware of the profile name and information that appears on the left side of the banner area. We don't have an exact size to create a buffer zone, but you can easily see, if you check my profile banner, how that appears on an updated banner.

**Promoted authors may change the banners on each story from the default Author banner they have on their profile above their author bio and on the Author tab. We are going to work with promoted authors, as much as possible, to correct the distortion of their smaller author banner to either make them larger or create new ones, but that won't occur until after we're finished with all the technical aspects of the upgrade and ironed out bugs.

• Like 3

On 19/03/2017 at 2:38 PM, Cia said:

**Please be aware of the profile name and information that appears on the left side of the banner area. We don't have an exact size to create a buffer zone, but you can easily see, if you check my profile banner, how that appears on an updated banner.

**Promoted authors may change the banners on each story from the default Author banner they have on their profile above their author bio and on the Author tab. We are going to work with promoted authors, as much as possible, to correct the distortion of their smaller author banner to either make them larger or create new ones, but that won't occur until after we're finished with all the technical aspects of the upgrade and ironed out bugs.

I didn't know we could update our banners for each story. This is awesome!

• Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Sasha Distan said:

I didn't know we could update our banners for each story. This is awesome!

This is another feature that was added to help individualize and set promoted authors' work apart. With the stories are being placed together in the system, this lets authors who have demonstrated quality work get some well-deserved enhancement of their stories. Of course, copyright rules are VERY important when authors place work on their stories. If authors choose to make their own banners, they cannot use copyright images in them. For photo images and some vector graphics I'd recommend using sites like pixabay.com, the free graphics section on 123rf.com or clker.com.

**Remember, even if a model image is 'free', the image must have a 'model release' so you don't use a model's image in a way that doesn't require extra permissions. Check the details, make a screenshot of the page, then use the image if it adheres to the open use policy.

• Like 1

On March 19, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Cia said:

I discovered this feature accidentally and love it. I've already created a couple of banners for a few of the stories in the CJ series and will do the rest this week. And every picture I'm using has been taken by me, Cia. I think I'll give myself permission to use them without charging any money! :D

• Like 2