Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Chatter Box

Renee Stevens

1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

I made waffles this morning and turned away for a second and my cat grabbed one and ran for dear life. I still haven't found it. I hope she ate it. >__<

Waffle thief!

• Like 2

@Renee Stevens Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about the socks! Having said that, no new scratches which is a surprise considering my dreams last night. It doesn't happen every night, it's quite rare actually. Just a bit worrying when it does actually happen.

• Like 1

• Site Administrator
15 hours ago, Renee Stevens said:

So, what has everyone been up to? Anything fun?

I'll be on vacation from June 9th-18th :D  I can't wait.  I'll be visiting lots of friends and celebrating my birthday.  :wizard:

• Site Administrator
5 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

I made waffles this morning and turned away for a second and my cat grabbed one and ran for dear life. I still haven't found it. I hope she ate it. >__<

:rofl:  Sounds like something my cats would do. Mine would definitely not eat it, though.  

• Like 2

• Site Administrator
Just now, Lyssa said:

Hi all! :)

@Valkyrie That sounds great! I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks!  I'll be going to Hudson Valley for half of it and then back to my BFFs for the second half.  She's planning on making me a Butterfinger cake and a surprise dinner, plus we'll go spend a day in Saratoga at a nice restaurant and will go to see "Wonder Woman". :D  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

Thanks!  I'll be going to Hudson Valley for half of it and then back to my BFFs for the second half.  She's planning on making me a Butterfinger cake and a surprise dinner, plus we'll go spend a day in Saratoga at a nice restaurant and will go to see "Wonder Woman". :D  

This reads like the perfect birthday week plan to me!!! :2thumbs:

• Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lyssa said:

This reads like the perfect birthday week plan to me!!! :2thumbs:

Yes, it's my gift to myself.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate than spending time with my best friends. :)  

• Like 1

Just now, Valkyrie said:

Yes, it's my gift to myself.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate than spending time with my best friends. :)  

Absolutely. I miss my best friend very much in the moment. But the more I look forward to my summer vacation in August, when I have the chance to meet her. :)

• Site Administrator
Just now, Lyssa said:

Absolutely. I miss my best friend very much in the moment. But the more I look forward to my summer vacation in August, when I have the chance to meet her. :)

:hug:  Mine lives about five hours away, but we chat on the computer every day.  I wish we lived closer, but it makes our visits more special and gives me an excuse to get away when I need to. :)  

• Like 1

:hug:  Mine lives about five hours away, but we chat on the computer every day.  I wish we lived closer, but it makes our visits more special and gives me an excuse to get away when I need to. :)  

I know this feeling!

I have to get involved with my new smart-phone. LOL It is the only reason I finally stepped in the year 2017 and got one, to use *scratch head I forgot the name of the app* with her to chat.  

• Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lyssa said:

I know this feeling!

I have to get involved with my new smart-phone. LOL It is the only reason I finally stepped in the year 2017 and got one, to use *scratch head I forgot the name of the app* with her to chat.  

LOL  I'm a dinosaur when it comes to cell phones.  I was so proud when I upgraded my phone a couple of years ago to a Tracphone I can text on!  LOL  

LOL  I'm a dinosaur when it comes to cell phones.  I was so proud when I upgraded my phone a couple of years ago to a Tracphone I can text on!  LOL  

Me too, dinosaur on cell phones. My students said: Mrs. B this is almost cool.

As they saw my old one. But now I am up to date .... at least, if I take it out of the kitchen drawer and charge it with energy someday. LOL

• Site Administrator
Just now, Lyssa said:

Me too, dinosaur on cell phones. My students said: Mrs. B this is almost cool.

As they saw my old one. But now I am up to date .... at least, if I take it out of the kitchen drawer and charge it with energy someday. LOL

The only reason I got a new one was because I lost the charger to the old one.  Well... I technically didn't 'lose' it...:blushing:  I put it in a drawer so the cats wouldn't destroy it and ended up forgetting I put it there. :facepalm:  When I went the store to replace it, they couldn't even charge it in the store because it was so old... lol  The Tracphone suits my needs just fine.  I can call and text on it and buy minutes as I need them.  I get teased all the time for forgetting to charge it, though.  lol  I'm one of the few who still has a land line, so that's usually a better bet to get a hold of me. lol

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

The only reason I got a new one was because I lost the charger to the old one.  Well... I technically didn't 'lose' it...:blushing:  I put it in a drawer so the cats wouldn't destroy it and ended up forgetting I put it there. :facepalm:  When I went the store to replace it, they couldn't even charge it in the store because it was so old... lol  The Tracphone suits my needs just fine.  I can call and text on it and buy minutes as I need them.  I get teased all the time for forgetting to charge it, though.  lol  I'm one of the few who still has a land line, so that's usually a better bet to get a hold of me. lol

LOL This could so be me!

I dumped my cell phone in wall paper remover by accident lately. I don´t think a modern smart phone would have survived like my old on did. LOL