Which MMORPG have you invested so much on and why?

I've invested so much on Dragon Nest. The gameplay is real different from other MMORPGs and it's very challenging because it's like you're playing Tekken if you're really good at combos. I'm more of a PVP player than a PVE so I just stay at the Coliseum. Plus, because of the compensation system, the winner is determined by the player skill alone plus the set up of skills he/she uses. It is not dependent on the items. That way, players who are lazy at farming still had a chance to take on those rich players who are able to buff their characters with money.

I've missed that game dearly. Sadly, the updated for past couple of years aren't as good and made every character too OP. The fight is easily over.

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator

Star Wars: The Old Republic. Fantastic Story.  but it's been too long since I've played.

• Love 1

Mabinogi was the one I spent the most money on, and not always for myself.

Star Wars: The Old Republic I maintained a subscription, and bought more Cartel Coins than I care to admit. Loved the game, and the storyline on it.

Currently I've played more F2P MMO's than I care to admit too. lol. Though Star Trek Online has my attention now. Been grinding Dillithium Ore, to convert to Zen, in order to buy the Cash Shop items. End Game sucks with T-5 ships, and mismatch gear.

I tried the Old Republic and it was very good. The thing is although RPG is my favorite game type, with work I end up not being a regular player, so it annoys me paying any subscription game. I do play Guild Wars 2, you buy the game, but them there is no subscription.

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator

The subscription drives me crazy. I paid it for far longer than I care to admin on SWTOR, if for no other reason that I really enjoyed the game when I dropped into it.  But I'm not a single game playing kind of gamer. I'll switch between 5 or 6 at any given time, so games that require dedication (Subscription games, multiplayer shoot fests, etc) tend to fall by the wayside.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...