• Site Administrator

Hmm.  This looks like it might be the best Star Wars game to come along since Star Wars the Forced Unleashed.

I find the character kind of adorable too.

Of course, the actor that voices him and motion captures... is Cameron Monaghan.  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1185747/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Now, EA keeps screwing up game after game.  So I'm seriously concerned... but my fingers are crossed.

• Love 2

This is pretty much what I've been hoping for.  A single-player campaign set in one of my favorite universes of all time.  Although I love the Old Republic era, I think this could be fun (though I'm curious if you can progress towards the Dark Side or if it's a pure hero game).  Either way, I'm really hoping they do well here. I've liked what I've played from Respawn (a lot of the original Titanfall & a bit of Apex), and the founders were from one of my favorite eras of Infinity Ward, which was during the MW period.  

While EA does generally make me nervous, hopefully they don't botch this one too badly.  A lot of recent titles have been disappointing (Fallout 76 & Anthem having mediocre launches).  But hey, maybe a dedicated campaign can be sorted out better than a constantly online game.  Here's hoping!  Probably won't preorder it, but it's not like that puts a player at a disadvantage compared to those who had the game from Day 1.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

The gameplay they showed at E3 looked pretty solid.  They did answer the question about it being pure hero (yes), as the story is fairly rigid since it is apparently considered canon in the Star Wars universe.  Still plenty of time for things to go bad, but I'm cautiously hopeful at this stage haha.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Acid07 said:

I'm cautiously hopeful at this stage haha

Me too.  I'm still trying to figure out how EA will manage to totally screw this up as they have with every single Star Wars game they've made so far.  (Even if SW Battlefront 2 nails the visuals and sound perfectly...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Myr said:

Me too.  I'm still trying to figure out how EA will manage to totally screw this up as they have with every single Star Wars game they've made so far.  (Even if SW Battlefront 2 nails the visuals and sound perfectly...)

I have to laugh at how badly they have handled the franchise.  It keeps me from crying about it haha.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

This does look good....  I think after Outer Worlds, this is the game I'm most looking forward to right now...

• Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

So far so good.  This looks great...  It sounds right.  Now I just hope EA didn't totally trash it somehow.

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Okay.  The game released yesterday.  The reviews have pretty much all been positive

I waited for the reviews before I bought it.  But they were so positive from reviewers that I am very agreeable with, I bit the bullet.  the trailer linked above is representative... but not as sharp as you'd get on Xbox One X with HDR and 4k Screen. 

This is what the Star Wars games should have been all along.  And dare I say, the Disney Star Wars Movies? Ewww.

It's really too bad EA refuses to make good games like this.  This is a fluke folks.  They'd rather macro-transaction you to death usually.

and.... WOW!  On Xbox One X, this thing looks and sounds like the movies.  There are some very minor graphics glitches... but, wow!

The ship jumping to hyperspace and arriving at the first planet is on par with the movies, graphics detail wise.  It was sharp. 

• Love 1