Frameline43 San Francisco International LGBTQ+ Film Festival

SaveTheDate_Alt2.png

The annual film festival runs from June 20-30 this year. A few days ago, thirteen programs were announced, the Opening and Closing Night Programs, four Centerpiece Programs, and seven featured Programs.

Presale_VitaVirginia.jpg
Opening Night: Vita & Virginia

Presale_GayChorus.jpg
Closing Night: Gay Chorus Deep South

Presale_Judy.png
Centerpiece Documentary: Sid & Judy

Presale_Temblores3.png
Centerpiece World Cinema: Temblores (Tremors)

Presale_BeforeYouKnowIt.jpg
Centerpiece US Feature: Before You Know It

Presale_LuvTale1.jpg
Centerpiece Episodic: A Luv Tale: The Series

Presale_Bit2.png
Showcase: Bit

Presale_EndOfTheCentury.jpg
Showcase: End of the Century (Fin de siglo)

Presale_KinkyBoots.jpg
Special Presentation: Kinky Boots: The Musical

Presale_Kattumaram.jpg
World Cinema: Kattumaram (Catamaran)

Presale_Trixie.jpg
DocumentaryTrixie Mattel: Moving Parts

[This image was proactively omitted due to Google’s restrictions on pictures of scantily clothed people even though no genitalia was visible.]
Documentary: You Don’t Nomi

Presale_ComingUpQueer_Program.png
Youth Shorts Program: Coming Up Queer – Shorts Program

This is just a sampling of the highlights of the hundreds of movies, documentaries, and shorts that will be screened in five theaters in three cities in two counties over the eleven days. The programmers of the festival go to great lengths to depict as many different variations of the various aspects of the LGBTQ+ community as possible. Every year I see movies that surprise and enlighten me about a part of the community I either have never heard of or no little about. I usually get to see documentaries or historical narratives that teach me about our often hidden or lost history.

For me, it’s a week-and-a-half immersion into all things LGBTQ+!

More details and my thoughts on the movies I see will be posted in The Pit (due to the political content of some programs). I will post a link after I create the Topic. The Pit is a closed club, but I believe you can request to join.

If you will be attending Frameline43 and want to meet someone else from GA, PM me!
;–)

Edited by Former Member
  • 1 month later...