Robert Pattinson is set to become our new Batman!

1 minute ago, droughtquake said:

Librarians (and booksellers) don’t get tired of frequent visitors unless you’re causing trouble instead of selecting books or reading. Was young Jack a troublemaker? Were you causing chaos?
;–)

No I was not a troublemaker. Except that one time that little brat got me suspended off the bus and they had no evidence against me. Little brat.... But yeah she did seem to enjoy me coming in. One day I checked out a book on Salem witch trials and she tried to say I don't think your mama would like you to read that. Well 1,  you've never met my mama and 2 mama was best friends with our resident voodoo lady. I'm still a little miffed she never asked for my help in there pretty sure I knew more of the library than she did. I mean Jesus I read Count of Monte Cristo in sixth grade

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I mean Jesus I read Count of Monte Cristo in sixth grade

So… did you find out if the Count created the sandwich? Or was the sandwich the Count?
;–)

Just now, droughtquake said:

So… did you find out if the Count created the sandwich? Or was the sandwich the Count?
;–)

It's been a while since I read it so I really don't recall much of what happened in it plus this was almost twenty years ago.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

It's been a while since I read it so I really don't recall much of what happened in it plus this was almost twenty years ago.

You mean you don’t have an eidetic memory like Sheldon Cooper?
;–)

4 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

;–)

Oh crap are you referring to that Simpson's episode?!?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

No I was not a troublemaker. Except that one time that little brat got me suspended off the bus and they had no evidence against me. Little brat…

Any idea what happened to the little brat? Lawyer? Cop? Politician? Inmate?
;–)

11 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Any idea what happened to the little brat? Lawyer? Cop? Politician? Inmate?
;–)

Don't know don't really care. That was the only write up in my entire school career. I only had detention once and that was only because the teacher have it to the whole class

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Don't know don't really care. That was the only write up in my entire school career. I only had detention once and that was only because the teacher have it to the whole class

Oh, you were one of those kids! I used to get in trouble all the time. Talking too much, mostly. Not paying attention in class (classes were unchallenging and uninformative). Stuff like that…
;–)

Oh, you were one of those kids! I used to get in trouble all the time. Talking too much, mostly. Not paying attention in class (classes were unchallenging and uninformative). Stuff like that…
;–)

The only classes I really liked were Spanish and english. And my ROTC classes. 

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, Wesley8890 said:

And my ROTC classes. 

Why don’t they have you in uniform protecting us from censored censored censored?

Why don’t they have you in uniform protecting us from censored censored censored?

Because that wasn't what I wanted in life. Really I never had any ambitions until college and took another foreign language class. Then I either wanted to be a translator or a Spanish teacher. But those plans fell though when I missed a few to many days and didn't do as well in history classes as if liked and my financial aid cut put on me due to my gpa falling below 3.25. And I want any to apply for loans

• Sad 1
22 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

I read every single one my libraries had in seventh grade. Then I moved on to the mythology section and conquered it. Pretty sure the librarian was tired of seeing me

I know a lot of librarians. I've been doing sound helping out at events at a library for the past few weeks (all upcoming events have been cancelled for the next month due to corona, though, sadly), and I have several good friends who are librarians. And I can tell you that there is nothing that makes a librarian quite so happy as seeing kids come back day after day to devour books. (Figuratively speaking.)

21 hours ago, droughtquake said:

;–)

Yeah, that was me as well. My big mouth has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years... Most teachers don't like smart-ass students who don't know when to shut up. Thankfully, I had a few teachers who did too, specifically all my English teachers and all but one of my arts and crafts teachers. lol

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Yeah, that was me as well. My big mouth has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years... Most teachers don't like smart-ass students who don't know when to shut up. Thankfully, I had a few teachers who did too, specifically all my English teachers and all but one of my arts and crafts teachers. lol

I think they especially hated me because I never studied, but still managed to pass all their tests easily (except for spelling tests because I was a horrible speller when I was in school).
;–)

You know, I almost flunked Intermediate Algebra (after finding all the math classes leading up to it very logical and easy to understand). I used to think it was because algebra just wasn’t something that came natural to me (without any studying). But I realize that I was very distracted by the sexy blond who sat directly in front of me in class. I used to tickle the little hairs on the back of his neck with my pencil. He never turned around to get mad at me or tell me to stop. I’m sure that one or two of our classmates must have seen me doing that to him, but no one ever said anything to me (we were assigned to sit in the far right row of seats because we sat alphabetically by last name starting at the teacher’s right front, going back in the row – and our last names were near the end of the alphabet). I can’t remember the guy’s name because he was a Senior when I was a Junior and this was the only class we shared. He probably hated me for tormenting him.
;–)

On 3/13/2020 at 6:07 AM, droughtquake said:

I think they especially hated me because I never studied, but still managed to pass all their tests easily (except for spelling tests because I was a horrible speller when I was in school).
;–)

You know, I almost flunked Intermediate Algebra (after finding all the math classes leading up to it very logical and easy to understand). I used to think it was because algebra just wasn’t something that came natural to me (without any studying). But I realize that I was very distracted by the sexy blond who sat directly in front of me in class. I used to tickle the little hairs on the back of his neck with my pencil. He never turned around to get mad at me or tell me to stop. I’m sure that one or two of our classmates must have seen me doing that to him, but no one ever said anything to me (we were assigned to sit in the far right row of seats because we sat alphabetically by last name starting at the teacher’s right front, going back in the row – and our last names were near the end of the alphabet). I can’t remember the guy’s name because he was a Senior when I was a Junior and this was the only class we shared. He probably hated me for tormenting him.
;–)

I feel like you've told that story before... I was terrible at maths. Or I thought I was. What actually happened when I was 8 was I'd help my best friend with her work and not have time to finish my own. The teachers thought I didn't get it and put me in a special group. By the time it became clear that I didn't belong there, I'd missed division. Which meant that when we started fractions I was utterly lost, which meant that I got even more delayed. I'm actually pretty good at maths, and the more abstract the better.

• Haha 1

I’ve mentioned that I almost failed the class, but hadn’t ever mentioned the distracting blond who sat in front of me! I’d kind of forgotten about him. I’ve even forgotten his name (although I know his last name was Thompson because they were always in front of me alphabetically).

People whose last (family) name starts at the beginning of the alphabet do not understand how unfair alphabetical order is. They don’t realize how much time the rest of us waste while they go gallivanting off to do whatever. It’s a form of grossly undeserved entitlement.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:49 AM, droughtquake said:

I’ve mentioned that I almost failed the class, but hadn’t ever mentioned the distracting blond who sat in front of me! I’d kind of forgotten about him. I’ve even forgotten his name (although I know his last name was Thompson because they were always in front of me alphabetically).

People whose last (family) name starts at the beginning of the alphabet do not understand how unfair alphabetical order is. They don’t realize how much time the rest of us waste while they go gallivanting off to do whatever. It’s a form of grossly undeserved entitlement.

I could have sworn you'd told me about that blond, though! Maybe it was over PM, I don't know. Either that or an extreme case of deja vu.

• Haha 1