Robert Pattinson is set to become our new Batman!

21 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I’d much rather have Pattinson as Batman than as Bond!
;–)

Have they announced the new Bond yet? I heard DC is quitting the role. Or maybe he already has?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, M1984 said:

Have they announced the new Bond yet? I heard DC is quitting the role. Or maybe he already has?

I haven’t heard of anyone being announced yet. Daniel Craig is set to do one more Bond movie. The untitled ‘Bond 25’ is scheduled to be released in April of 2020 – it is being directed by Oakland-born Cary Joji Fukunaga.

4 hours ago, M1984 said:

I don't know but f I could pick Idris Elba

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I haven’t heard of anyone being announced yet. Daniel Craig is set to do one more Bond movie. The untitled ‘Bond 25’ is scheduled to be released in April of 2020 – it is being directed by Oakland-born Cary Joji Fukunaga.

He's the best Bond, imo.

8 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

I don't know but f I could pick Idris Elba

Omg, me too! He'd make a wonderful Bond. Sadly, the dude-bros would lose their sh*t (they have already at the mere idea...) so it seems unlikely that it'll happen... But, then again, it seemed unlikely that we'd get a female Doctor Who and yet, here we are. Perhaps there is hope yet...

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

He's the best Bond, imo.

I think so too, but there were some who hated his casting just because he’s blond! (That’s a huge plus in my book!)
;–)

Edited by Former Member
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I think so too, but there were some who hated his casting just because he’s blond! (That’s a huge plus in my book!)
;–)

Hehe, I was one of them until I actually saw him on screen. I thought, he doesn't look like a Bond, he looks more like a Bond villain. But I quickly changed my mind. Skyfall in particular is a fantastic film.

• Haha 1

Robert Pattinson could be an interesting choice if they have the right story. The Twilight series wasn't bad because of his acting, it wasn't a great script and I think suffered with bad direction and zero chemistry with his co-star. That being said, I think with the right story, he could be really good at depicting Bruce Wayne in Year Five or so of being Batman. 

In every movie in my lifetime, we've always gotten an Origin story and even a TV series about the beginning of Batman with Gotham. If they can take a page out of Batman Vs Superman, and put the Origin story in the opening credits or forgo it all together, then we could potentially have a fresh start in the Batman saga. I think by this time, most everyone that will watch this movie knows the origin of Batman.

Robert Pattinson will nail Bruce Wayne I think rather easily, where he might have some trouble, is his portrayal of the Batman. Does he have the physicality that is needed to be running around on rooftops kicking bad guys asses in a manner that is believable? 

I must admit I am not familiar with his resume, nor have I seen all the Twilight movies, but I can see him playing a young Bruce. A Bruce that is unsure of his abilities and maybe a bit sloppy in the action portions which might account for his lack of experience in action roles. Or it could be like Matt Damon in the Borne Series. Matt was amazing as Jason Borne and until those movies, he was not known for his action roles.

But what do I know, I thought Ben Affleck was rather good as Batman. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

So, Robert Pattinson will be Batman, and now we may be getting Daniel Radcliffe as Wolverine, apparently. Should be fun. :D 

On 5/30/2019 at 6:54 AM, Jason Rimbaud said:

If they can take a page out of Batman Vs Superman, and put the Origin story in the opening credits or forgo it all together, then we could potentially have a fresh start in the Batman saga. I think by this time, most everyone that will watch this movie knows the origin of Batman.

The new Tom Holland Spider-Man films skipped the origin story. They just went straight into the actual plot. Everyone knows Spider-Man's origin story, and everyone knows Batman's, too. So yeah, I'm hoping they just skip it.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Love 1
On 5/25/2019 at 1:43 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, to me, this is Chris Evans:

Chris+Evans+Tony+Duran+002.jpg

So him being Captain America seemed odd, but it worked, and worked extremely well.

Having Chris Evans and works extremely well in the same sentence is enough to convince me :boy:

• Haha 2

I’m old enough to remember the old Batman TV series, but we must have watched early reruns (because the dates don’t match when my mother would have allowed us to watch that kind of show). We used to read Batman and Superman comic books in the Seventies. We were only allowed to buy them to keep us occupied during our (usually) twice a year 8-hour drives from San Diego to San José on US-101 up the coast (no air conditioning in the car). I’m not used to the dark Batman. I’ve never watched any of the movies – I’ve only seen the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, but I’ve seen almost all of the Marvel movies even though I never read any of the comic books.
;–)

58 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I’m old enough to remember the old Batman TV series, but we must have watched early reruns (because the dates don’t match when my mother would have allowed us to watch that kind of show). We used to read Batman and Superman comic books in the Seventies. We were only allowed to buy them to keep us occupied during our (usually) twice a year 8-hour drives from San Diego to San José on US-101 up the coast (no air conditioning in the car). I’m not used to the dark Batman. I’ve never watched any of the movies – I’ve only seen the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, but I’ve seen almost all of the Marvel movies even though I never read any of the comic books.
;–)

I've never been a big DC fan, but I like the dark and gritty Batman stuff. I read a lot of Marvel comics, though. Especially Deadpool. If it has Deadpool in it, I've probably read it.

• Haha 1
  • 8 months later...

First look at Robert Pattison as Batman…

6104845511c205edb616f22e97b5820d11e48853

spacer.png

…no shot to show whether or not they stuffed a codpiece again.
;–)

On 5/30/2019 at 12:54 AM, Jason Rimbaud said:

Robert Pattinson could be an interesting choice if they have the right story. The Twilight series wasn't bad because of his acting, it wasn't a great script and I think suffered with bad direction and zero chemistry with his co-star. That being said, I think with the right story, he could be really good at depicting Bruce Wayne in Year Five or so of being Batman. 

In every movie in my lifetime, we've always gotten an Origin story and even a TV series about the beginning of Batman with Gotham. If they can take a page out of Batman Vs Superman, and put the Origin story in the opening credits or forgo it all together, then we could potentially have a fresh start in the Batman saga. I think by this time, most everyone that will watch this movie knows the origin of Batman.

Robert Pattinson will nail Bruce Wayne I think rather easily, where he might have some trouble, is his portrayal of the Batman. Does he have the physicality that is needed to be running around on rooftops kicking bad guys asses in a manner that is believable? 

I must admit I am not familiar with his resume, nor have I seen all the Twilight movies, but I can see him playing a young Bruce. A Bruce that is unsure of his abilities and maybe a bit sloppy in the action portions which might account for his lack of experience in action roles. Or it could be like Matt Damon in the Borne Series. Matt was amazing as Jason Borne and until those movies, he was not known for his action roles.

But what do I know, I thought Ben Affleck was rather good as Batman. 

I saw Robert Pattinson in a movie called Water for Elephants, years ago, and his acting blew me away. I didn't expect the range he showed. I don't know if he'll make a good Batman, but I think some might underestimate his abilities because of a poorly produced and presented Twilight series. I know I did until I saw this performance. :) 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I saw Robert Pattinson in a movie called Water for Elephants, years ago, and his acting blew me away. I didn't expect the range he showed. I don't know if he'll make a good Batman, but I think some might underestimate his abilities because of a poorly produced and presented Twilight series. I know I did until I saw this performance. :) 

Omg so many whiny people exist who see him only in that role. They're constantly stating oh will Batman sparkle now? Ticks me off to no end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
55 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I didn’t realize that Cedric Diggory was Robert’s first film role. At 19, he looked like an adult towering over the children like 16 year old Daniel, 17 year old Rupert, and 15 year old Emma.

Canadian Hayden Christensen is another actor whose skills was limited by his most well-known role. He was much more convincing in Life as a House where his female neighbor Alyssa mistaken believes he is Gay and gets in the shower with him. I can certainly understand why she’d want to shower with him!
;–)

26 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I didn’t realize that Cedric Diggory was Robert’s first film role. At 19, he looked like an adult towering over the children like 16 year old Daniel, 17 year old Rupert, and 15 year old Emma.

Canadian Hayden Christensen is another actor whose skills was limited by his most well-known role. He was much more convincing in Life as a House where his female neighbor Alyssa mistaken believes he is Gay and gets in the shower with him. I can certainly understand why she’d want to shower with him!
;–)

Ah yes hayden. His first role was in the Goosebumps episode Night of the Living Dummy pt. 3.

Coincidentally Ryan Gosling also got his first role in Goosebumps in the episode Say Cheese and Die!

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Ah yes hayden. His first role was in the Goosebumps episode Night of the Living Dummy pt. 3.

Coincidentally Ryan Gosling also got his first role in Goosebumps in the episode Say Cheese and Die!

I remember selling a ton of Goosebumps books when I worked in the bookstore (the location in the suburb, not the one in the Castro or the small one in a more ‘urban’ suburb) back in the Nineties.
;–)

8 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I remember selling a ton of Goosebumps books when I worked in the bookstore (the location in the suburb, not the one in the Castro or the small one in a more ‘urban’ suburb) back in the Nineties.
;–)

I read every single one my libraries had in seventh grade. Then I moved on to the mythology section and conquered it. Pretty sure the librarian was tired of seeing me

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

I read every single one my libraries had in seventh grade. Then I moved on to the mythology section and conquered it. Pretty sure the librarian was tired of seeing me

Librarians (and booksellers) don’t get tired of frequent visitors unless you’re causing trouble instead of selecting books or reading. Was young Jack a troublemaker? Were you causing chaos?
;–)