Bold Bug

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I've encountered a persistent, repeatable bug.  Copy/paste seems to carry over some echo of bold formatting in my original documents, and it makes the entire chapter irreversibly bold (selecting and unselecting bold for my text does nothing when this happens).  To avoid this I had to paste chapters as "plain text" which, of course does away with all of my formatting.

I copy/paste from Google Docs, Word and sometimes Grammarly to try and get around this problem.  However, the problem persists. I use Firefox as my browser, and Windows 10 is my OS if that matters.

I request no action as I have managed to figure out a workaround, and it's fairly painless.  Before pasting to GA's editor, I type in a word into the window.  Next I hit enter, then paste my text.  Voila, it's all perfectly fine, no bolding.  If you start with some text from the GA editor then your copy/paste works fine.

I put this post here only in case others have the same issue.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

@Wayne Gray  I think it might be a cache issue.  You can try this by clearing your cache, doing a force refresh (ctrl-F5 in windows, typically), or trying it in a different browser.

As you saw by my Lorem Ipsum post, direct paste from Word 365 worked fine for me in windows 10 and Firefox.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Myr said:

@Wayne Gray  I think it might be a cache issue.  You can try this by clearing your cache, doing a force refresh (ctrl-F5 in windows, typically), or trying it in a different browser.

As you saw by my Lorem Ipsum post, direct paste from Word 365 worked fine for me in windows 10 and Firefox.

Hrm.  I'll try it.

This has happened to me repeatedly from multiple computers.  I suspected that perhaps it was due to some strange formatting leftover from my Google Doc.  I used to bold my chapter dividers, and I always started my works in Google Docs.

Thanks.  And as I said above, I just wanted to get this out there in case others are having the same issue so they can work around it.  Even if clearing the cache doesn't work, it's not a big deal now that I know how to work around it.

• Like 3