Text editor

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Can’t find the “strike” button in forum thread or Status Update text editors - it’s here in the Help forum (I’m looking at it :P) but not elsewhere :(. I think I remember :unsure2: there used to be an option to go to “full” editor or something but I can’t see that either 

• Site Administrator

The buttons in the editor are dependent on the size of your screen. Desktop gets the full amount, mobile gets the least with tablet in the middle.  You can force your smaller device to show more by ticking the 'desktop' button in your mobile browser.

Just checked Settings and it has been selected

Settings>Safari>Request Desktop Website>All Websites On

iPad 6 iOS 14.e

Like I said, this feature is available to me now as I type this in the Help forum text editor (to the right of bold italic and underline) and it always used to be available before the recent update - but I can’t remember if that was by default or I had to select “Full text editor” mode which no longer seems available

• Site Administrator

Same Answer.  If you do it from your profile, it gets full width.  If you do it from the sidebar widget, it is a small screen and gets the small screen editor, even on desktop.

I must be hopeless :(

Safari browser is set to Desktop as per Settings (previous post)

Safari GA webpage also confirms set to Desktop:

large.4BB64CC6-7845-45B8-BCD1-66BD3522D89F.jpeg.aae3dea2be265c9e6d34eba84b04acc5.jpeg

Can’t see a “sidebar widget” anywhere:

large.7D33A8D1-9A6B-4316-BF29-69A37932E56D.png.71ea71f741fe7591f29a3f7fd1f1a5e0.png

Can’t see an option in my “profile”

large.8E217C0D-369C-4574-99D9-8DB20DCF72CE.png.780fa8350508169e24c1f3631971afde.png

Don’t know what to do :( 

41 minutes ago, Myr said:

Side bar widget on desktop view:

Still can’t see a “widget” - there used to be a little cog wheel giving access to tools but not seen that for some time 

43 minutes ago, Myr said:

Doing Status from Profile on desktop size:

Just tried this and still no strike out button for Status Updates :(  

Good news - the forums now have this, so I’m guessing you were able to make a change - thanks for that :) 

Bad news, still not there for Games / Last Post Wins :( 

• Site Administrator
  • Solution
9 minutes ago, Zombie said:

Still can’t see a “widget” - there used to be a little cog wheel giving access to tools but not seen that for some time 

There seems to be a language issue...

This is a sidebar widget.  You're screenshot has two of them.

image.png

The Strikethrough icon appears in the editor anyplace where the width of the editor is larger than mobile/tablet devices.

image.png

If it is not appearing on a full side editor, it is an issue on your end.  I've verified it works fine on chrome on Android both phone and tablet.

thanks for the widget explanation - understand now :) 

18 hours ago, Myr said:

If it is not appearing on a full side editor, it is an issue on your end.  I've verified it works fine on chrome on Android both phone and tablet.

Yes, it seems this is an issue with ipads

Safari is the browser provided by Apple and recommended for security (banking passwords etc) so I’m reluctant to use others :( 

Another issue I’ve just found with the new GA software upgrade and text editor - it won’t let me post image links:

here it asks for image URL

large.723256B9-EC1D-4CC4-B925-2D0DFC3A8738.png.0f9745a95271ca6795bfebf13abad657.png

I enter Wikipedia image link

large.FD8F8790-BF2A-4630-BDBD-B2416C12A7D5.png.0d97f2ba5be2784e7735f3f7e0abc22d.png

Wikipedia image link is rejected 

large.9A857408-BA43-412A-BEEF-DB01BE0ECC03.png.3969678c8e21d313af9d15fbc635e555.png

??

• Like 1

Update

I’ve been digging around the iPad’s settings:

Settings>Safari>Experimental Features>

select “HTTP/3” - On

select “Automatic HTTPS upgrade” - On

The URL image posting issue now seems fixed (don’t know which of the above did this) so any other iPad users with this issue should try these settings too :) 

• Like 1