Techno-numpty needs help!!

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Hello there my fellow authors, I know you'll be surprised to read the subject of my plea for help but there's a clue in the title.

Not being at home - and I won't be there for some days - I don't have my 'Book of All Things" to hand which means I don't have the instructions on how to actually post a story on here once you get to Stage 5 😞 (I've sorted all the rest).

So in plain English would someone please explain it to me?  The story's currently in a Word document which I know can be transferred as my previous offerings were all like this.

Thanks for any and all help given,

ShadowDweller

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'm not sure exactly what issues you're having moving your text, but usually you just highlight the text in Word, copy it, click on the chapter text box on GA, then paste it into the text editor. The keyboard shortcuts to copy text and ctrl and the c button. The keyboard shortcuts to paste the text are ctrl and the v button. Then hit the Save button at the bottom of the page on Step 5. If you've completed all the necessary fields required to post a story, it will go into the moderation queue for new authors. 

If you have other questions, or that didn't solve your issue you can also try to check the FAQ through the Help tab here on GA. It has a lot of different topics for authors, readers, members in general, etc... There is also a step-by-step guide to posting a story in there. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply - I did originally go to the FAQ but if there's a step-by-step guide in there it's not exactly easy to find!

Just a suggestion but perhaps Admin could think about creating a 'How to post' option in the drop-down box that appears below the help tab - please!

Now I've written down the cut & paste instructions - again - I'll try to post my next chapter.

Cheers 🙂

• Like 1