Temporary Hold

Looking down the list of recently published story chapters, this label sticks out, Temporary Hold. 

Murder of a Moral Man by St. George - updated 12 April

Northern Exposure by Mark Arbour - updated 11 April

Jessie-101 Online Celebrity by Comicality - updated 11 April

Looking further all Mark Arbour's and Comicality's stories are on temporary hold.

I was wondering what exactly the temporary hold means, because I would not start reading a story placed on hold, and yet chapters are getting published? It seems a little strange to publish chapters to a story you, as an author, have highlighted as not being published, temporarily, which may mean permanently. 

Do other readers bother with these stories put on hold? What exactly are these authors doing with their stories? 

For myself, as an author (as well as reader), I find it necessary to add a story recap now I have moved to publishing chapters monthly, but my story is still, in process. On hold does indicate you have stopped writing, doesn't it?

• Like 3

A lot of stories got labeled on hold during a site update not too long ago.  The authors may not realize the change to correct it.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Status's get changed Automatically in some cases. "Temporary Hold" is one of those cases.

If an Author does not post an update to a story for 60 days and then doesn't show up on the site for a day, then the system automatically flags a story as "Temporary Hold"

image.png

The system will also update a story from Temporary Hold to Long Term hold if an author hasn't updated a story for a year and then doesn't show up on the site for 3 days.

image.png

There is no automatic setting to move a story back to "In Process".  Authors can do this themselves, but it goes it'll flip back again under the above conditions.

If authors are posting to stories with statuses that say "Temporary Hold", then they are probably slower at posting stories or rotate a lot of which story they post to.

• Like 1