Fun Runs and Other Events for Pride in your area

Posted (edited)

Hey Guys, Gals, and NBs

I'll be running (mostly walking) the Road of Rainbow 5K in Boston this Saturday June 8th, it's a separate charitable event from the Pride Parade/festival and I thought it would be good to do something beneficial and help my own health at the same time. I'll probably drop by the festival grounds near city hall, where the parade passes after the run/walk.

https://runsignup.com/Race/Events/MA/Boston/BostonTheaterCompanysRoadofRainbows

I wonder what other people in your neck of the woods do for Pride Month? Do you guys go to festivals, parades or have fun events, like a charity run?

Edited by W_L
  • Like 3

In Manchester, UK we don't do anything for pride month, as our main pride festival is over 4 days on the August Bank Holiday weekend 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Georgia celebrates Pride in October, when it's cooler, and the big Pride Festival will be October 12 & 13, 2024.   And you get to end the month dressing up in costumes to celebrate Halloween. 

Edited by Bill W
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

In Manchester, UK we don't do anything for pride month, as our main pride festival is over 4 days on the August Bank Holiday weekend 😀 

Interesting, can I have a loan alongside my pride flag if I visit :o :P 

2 hours ago, Bill W said:

Georgia celebrates Pride in October, when it's cooler, and the big Pride Festival will be October 12 & 13, 2024.   And you get to end the month dressing up in costumes to celebrate Halloween. 

Interesting, I know we had discussed holding it in October after Covid restrictions got lifted, but it went back to June a year later. While June may be Pride Month, it's not set in stone. I know some guys would have a ball if it was Halloween. Beyond Drag, you can have all the old leather guys, the bears, otters, wolves, and unicorns dressed as their type, and the furries (Oh the adorable Zoomers) 😛 :lol:  being out and proud.

(In terms of timing: To be fair, the old Boston Pride org and the current one are two different orgs, so the date going back to June might have been a matter of trying to carry the torch.)

Edited by W_L
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, W_L said:

Interesting, can I have a loan alongside my pride flag if I visit :o :P 

Interesting, I know we had discussed holding it in October after Covid restrictions got lifted, but it went back to June a year later. While June may be Pride Month, it's not set in stone. I know some guys would have a ball if it was Halloween. Beyond Drag, you can have all the old leather guys, the bears, otters, wolves, and unicorns dressed as their type, and the furries (Oh the adorable Zoomers) 😛 :lol:  being out and proud.

(In terms of timing: To be fair, the old Boston Pride org and the current one are two different orgs, so the date going back to June might have been a matter of trying to carry the torch.)

Pride has been held in October in Georgia since 2008.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, W_L said:

A tote bag, a few stickers, a T-shirt, condoms and lube, and a thermos from CapitalOne. Not a bad haul from Pride this year.

They always give you condoms and lube at pride. Not bad with the other stuff.