HOAX! VIRUS ALERT

I was visiting a friend tonight. He had a friend e-mail him about a virus that is out there that McCafee and Norton don't pick up ... it is received through chat and/or e-mail, and when you get it, it automatically gives it to everyone on your e-mail list, even if you don't write any e-mails.

I had it, so I am sending warning others ....

1) Go to start, and then click your 'Find' or 'Search' option.

2) in the folder option, type the name ... jdbgm

3) Be sure to search your C Drive and all the folders (including hidden files for XP) and any other drives you may have.

4) Click 'Find Now'.

5) The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe.

DO NOT OPEN IT

6) Go to the Edit (on the menu bar) and choose 'Select All'.

7) Now go to 'File' (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go to the recycle bin. If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your address book so that they may eradicate the virus from their own address books.

This virus will sit there for 14 days before it does anything. I don't know what it will do, but don't want to find out.

Just to let people know, seeing that it was on my computer.

Boy on a String

• Site Administrator

it's okay Boas... stuff happens. but for future reference, always check Norton. They tend to have the right answer on things really fast.