Jericho on CBS

JamesSavik

Hi guys & dolls-

I've been seeing the trailers for a new series this fall on CBS called Jericho. It starts Wednesday night at 8E/9C.

I was wondering: is anybody interested in it? Have you heard anything about it.

Jericho on CBS

Clips

I used to like disaster/post-apocalyptic genera. As a writer, I had to wonder how you can get more than a few hours of drama out of a nuclear war.

Another thing that makes me wonder is that Hollywood has NEVER done sci-fi/speculative fiction very well. When they run short of ideas, they fall back on the cute kid/smart dog/dumb robot plot devices and then it all goes to crap. I'll be interested to see how the plot holds up.

If you missed the pilot, it is available online. You can find it here Jericho- the pilot

Here a description & review Review of Jericho

Hmmmmm. I hope I'm wrong, but I have my doubts about it. It sounds a bit formulaic, and from my point of view it's troubling that it's being compared to "Lost", a show I found to be unwatchable.

I liked the pilot. If they manage to keep the script out Hollywood cheese factory, it could be pretty good.

I'm veering away from the specific show but I wanted to share with you a fantastic blog that is written daily by a seasoned, Emmy Award-winning writer. He provides a fascinating, unvarnished look inside Hollywood and his perspective on new shows and some humorous rememberances.

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/

Jack B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I got hooked. It shows promise. Good science fiction on TV is way too rare.

The premise is scary. I'd hate to think how risky it'd really be to live in that world. The people in the town are stuck with the hand that's dealt them. Now they have to figure out how to deal with it.

The drama comes from how real people face real risks. They are at least tackling things without getting too cute or trite. I hope they can sustain it.

Hey, where else can you live where a "healthy glow" and "humming" are measured on a Geiger counter? ;)