question

and a good way to clean files(cover my tracks in other words)?

I take it you mean deleting your internet history and temporary internet files and cookies? There are many programs out there that can do that. Just search for 'delete internet history' in a search engine :ph34r:

beware of Spybot, I used it and the stupid thing lock my harddrive, I can't even open an internet connection because the program lock my harddrive and don't let anything write on it. I ended up formatting my harddrive after the computer guy in my company can't fix it.

That progrm is EVIL!

Guest EdwDale

There are two software programs with almost the same name for Spy-bot this one is the free version.

Spy-bot

This has some features that allow you to stop some incoming spy-ware under the settings option.

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?...x.php?page=home

Ad-aware

There are several plug-ins that are also free that you should get. The Ad-Aware Plus for $26.95 USD will block spy-ware from entering your computer. Think it is well worth the money. You can set the program to run at shutdown or startup to delete spy-ware.

http://www.lavasoft.de/

Get both even though they have a lot of the same spy-ware detections but by using both you cover all the bases to get some others that each program may not have listed.

Deleting history and your tracks there are some things you can do with what you already have like turning of the Recycle Bin and that will prevent the deleted files from staying on the computer. Go through the help files and check what you can turn off that wont affect what programs you normally use. You still need to have a program to delete your history to make sure everything is deleted.

I've used Spybot for the past year or so, and couldn't be happier with the results. Although I still "had" to format my stepdad's computer because he had too much spyware on it -- bloody thing took like 5 minutes to log in, so I finally said screw it and formatted it... would have just used Spybot if it had been somebody else's ;)