astone2292 Posted July 13 Posted July 13 I've been a little absent from GA recently, but this is a new thing for me to see. Are advertisements supposed to be within the story body itself, when reading? I've always seen them either on the sides of a browser, one of the ones that peek from the bottom of the window, between areas (story body -> comment section), but this one was very jumpscare-y and makes reading a little silly. This occurred on a Microsoft Edge browser, Windows 11. It happens at times. This page is my "Retail Ninja" story chapter 1, but when I backed up on the browser then re-entered the page, it was normal. Moved onto chapter 2 of same story, ads returned between paragraphs. 1 Quote
ReaderPaul Posted July 13 Posted July 13 I've seen those type of ads when I made the mistake of letting my Premium subscription lapse. When I renewed, they immediately went away. But I am seeing them on more and more sites, especially when I am on my phone. 1 1 Quote
Mike Carss Posted July 13 Posted July 13 Ads will appear when stories are rated Everyone or Teen. Mature-rated stories don't have ads. As to why they're appearing, disappearing, and then re-appearing, I'm going to assume it's just a glitch. 1 Quote
Ron Posted July 13 Posted July 13 25 minutes ago, Mike Carss said: As to why they're appearing, disappearing, and then re-appearing, I'm going to assume it's just a glitch. I assume it's much more nefarious. When you don't see the adds you breath a sigh of relief. Then the adds pop up again and think 'Oh!'. Then it's rinse and repeat. 4 Quote
Site Administrator Solution Popular Post Myr Posted July 13 Site Administrator Solution Popular Post Posted July 13 Not in the story text. Google is being a pain again. I will investigate 5 1 Quote
Popular Post Zombie Posted July 13 Popular Post Posted July 13 didn’t Google promise to stop being evil? 4 2 Quote
Site Administrator Popular Post Myr Posted July 13 Site Administrator Popular Post Posted July 13 4 hours ago, Zombie said: didn’t Google promise to stop being evil? Google suspiciously dropped that "don't be evil" thing a long time ago. You can tell. 2 2 1 2 Quote
Enoch Posted September 25 Posted September 25 I take it Google isn't being helpful since I'm still seeing those types of ads Quote
Site Administrator Myr Posted September 25 Site Administrator Posted September 25 Google changes it's own settings all the time. I turn it off, it stays off for a few days and it turns itself back on again. 2 1 1 Quote
Popular Post Enoch Posted September 25 Popular Post Posted September 25 2 hours ago, Myr said: Google changes it's own settings all the time. I turn it off, it stays off for a few days and it turns itself back on again. There’s never any rest for the people who keep this place going. Thank you — truly — for everything you and the staff do to keep the site running smoothly. 6 Quote
Gary L Posted September 25 Posted September 25 1 hour ago, Enoch said: There’s never any rest for the people who keep this place going. Thank you — truly — for everything you and the staff do to keep the site running smoothly. Hear, hear! 1 4 Quote
Enoch Posted September 26 Posted September 26 Now if only we had a billionaire to foot the site's bills, then maybe we could trash the stupid ads. 1 Quote
Enoch Posted September 29 Posted September 29 @Myr Are we getting pop-up ads now from this site? 1 Quote
Site Administrator Myr Posted September 29 Site Administrator Posted September 29 4 minutes ago, Enoch said: @Myr Are we getting pop-up ads now from this site? There shouldn't be a pop-up ad. (Pop-ups are defined as opening a new window) 1 1 Quote
Enoch Posted September 29 Posted September 29 @Myr So, it wouldn't be against GA's rules if I downloaded am app that prevents pop-up ads? I just want to stay within the rules and stop annoying pop-up ads (Pop-ups are defined as opening a new window). 1 Quote
Site Administrator Myr Posted September 29 Site Administrator Posted September 29 11 minutes ago, Enoch said: @Myr So, it wouldn't be against GA's rules if I downloaded am app that prevents pop-up ads? I just want to stay within the rules and stop annoying pop-up ads (Pop-ups are defined as opening a new window). we aren't currently blocking people that use ad blockers. but if you are getting pop-ups you might have a different issue on your computer. 1 1 Quote
Enoch Posted September 29 Posted September 29 8 minutes ago, Myr said: but if you are getting pop-ups you might have a different issue on your computer. I agree, I may very well have a bigger problem, but I wanted to ask before taking actions. Thanks @Myr as always you have been very helpful 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.