Gays survive exorcism, find love, urge change

Drewbie

This is a reminder that there are ignorant savages out there that think that gay people can be "cured" with an exorcism.

Why is it that every quack in the country feels comfortable doing what amounts to psycological experiments on gay people in the name of a cure?

I want to try curing fundamentalism with a lobotomy. Let's see how that works out.

I want to try curing fundamentalism with a lobotomy. Let's see how that works out.

It should give something like this:

swaggart.jpeg

Knowing the same causes yield the same consequences, should this be done? ;)

The idea of attempting to be a gay fundamentalist christian is absolutely laughable. It's beyond stupid. I'll concede that maybe it's possible to be a gay christian without the fundamentalism, but even then it's farfetched. I guess if that's what floats your boat, then go for it. It's just sad that so many people are clinging to something so anachronistic and obsolete when all it does is hinder their progress as human beings. The set of values contained in fundamentalist christianity is no longer applicable. We get rid of laws that don't work in practice. Why can't we do that to religions as well? If the fundamentalists wanna pick a fight, stick 'em all on an island so they'll be with people that agree with them. That way they can leave the rest of us the f**K alone.

Guest evilangel
Actually, as far as I know (about 5 foot :P ) Christianity only has a small amount of laws. 10 to be precise... the rest are guidelines.

The ten commandments. I actually try following them. They are good rules to live by if everyone followed them. :2thumbs:

The ten commandments. I actually try following them. They are good rules to live by if everyone followed them. :2thumbs:

Yes, those referring to murder, theft, bearing false witness, coveting your neighbor's house. Honoring my parents was something I had no trouble doing, but that I wouldn't establish as an absolute rule for some parents. And I never coveted anybody's wife (though I did covet a few husbands, but well... 0:) ) For the rest, I don't really want to see them established as universal rules. We've got the international declaration of Human Rights that seems the basis for better getting along with everybody.

We've got the international declaration of Human Rights that seems the basis for better getting along with everybody.

Yeah, we have got them now and they work. Only thing about the 10 commandments is I think they might be a little bit older than what we have now... I mean... when it comes to which came first I reckon I'd say the ones that were hacked into a coupke of lumps of stone. Anyway, I see them as the previous version of the Human Rights thing we have now.

Anyway, I think that the the commandments that seem irrelevant would seem like that because they are religious laws. So basically, its christian rules for christians to follow. It just happens that a lot of them were pretty decent rules by anyone's standards.

I think we're getting a bit off-topic though here.

Even though some of you are against religion or fail to see its purpose, those of us raised with strong religious beliefs find they come into conflict with who we are and what the church teaches. Although this has been discussed in other threads, please don't denegrate those who still wish to balance their beliefs with their sexual orientation. It is very important to them individually and goes directly to the fiber of who they are. I'm glad to see that some, like those in the article, are able to find a balance they can live with.

... please don't denegrate those who still wish to balance their beliefs with their sexual orientation. It is very important to them individually and goes directly to the fiber of who they are.

I quite agree with you. And your story (Castaway Hotel) is a proof that you are right :2thumbs: