Walking in another

MMandM

On a forum like GA, often people feel free to discuss delicate personal topics about various kinds of relationships and life situations. In most cases, I have found the advice offered to members to be well thought out, empathic, and compassionate.

Occasionally, I have checked out other forums and have seen some mean spirited responses to a sensitive problem. Rather than being helpful, apparently the response was calculated to be mean spirited and cruel, IMO.

I believe one of the great strengths of this forum is that members are able to "bare our souls" to other mature adults, with the expectation that your feelings are treated with respect. We have all gone through personal dilemmas, and the more mature and compassionate amongst us realize that there is no "one size fits all" answer to a problem.

One of the things that separate GA from many other forums I have visited is the mature, thoughtful compassion and empathy that is demonstrated by the vast majority of its members.

As my grandfather used to say "you've got to know how to separate the sugar from the salt."

Well that's all I have to say. For now anyway 0:)

Edited by MarkInAlisoViejo

On a forum like GA, often people feel free to discuss delicate personal topics about various kinds of relationships and life situations. In most cases, I have found the advice offered to members to be well thought out, empathic, and compassionate.

Occasionally, I have checked out other forums and have seen some mean spirited responses to a sensitive problem. Rather than being helpful, apparently the response was calculated to be mean spirited and cruel, IMO.

I believe one of the great strengths of this forum is that members are able to "bare our souls" to other mature adults, with the expectation that your feelings are treated with respect. We have all gone through personal dilemmas, and the more mature and compassionate amongst us realize that there is no "one size fits all" answer to a problem.

One of the things that separate GA from many other forums I have visited is the mature, thoughtful compassion and empathy that is demonstrated by the vast majority of its members.

As my grandfather used to say "you've got to know how to separate the sugar from the salt."

Well that's all I have to say. For now anyway 0:)

Mark, I agree with you! It's not only mature adults, but the teens on GA that can discuss sensitive problems they are having. I love the supportive atmosphere here. Sweet.

Colin :boy: