-
Posts
6,512 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by sandrewn
-
closure - Word of the Day - Fri Jun 19, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Have you ever wondered why velcro tape never replaced zippers in pants? Painful rip off issues? -
closure - Word of the Day - Fri Jun 19, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: CLOSURE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CLOSURE Synonyms: 41 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus CLOSURES Synonyms: 42 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus CLOSE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CLOSING Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CLOSED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
absolution - Word of the Day - Thu Jun 18, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Score: Drpaladin - 1 / sandrewn - 0. Well, that one took me completely by surprise(well done). Yet more proof, that it is indeed a small world! I spent several weekends in and around Jerusalem (1977-78). Went to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. I really believe that with all the time spent wandered over and throughout the old city, that I may have actually walked on, over or across steps that Jesus, himself had taken, over 2 millennia ago. -
absolution - Word of the Day - Thu Jun 18, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Well, @ReaderPaul, I think @drpaladin was referring to a pilate exercise program. Still, it sounds too ambitious for me. I will pass the the 3/4 century mark in October. Now seeing as I have a variety of chairs, just gathering dust at home. I will just pick a comfortable one, sit down and begin, Chair Tai Chi for Seniors over 70. (RIP Richard Simmons) -
absolution - Word of the Day - Thu Jun 18, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
This one was quite a stretch, even for you. 😉 -
absolution - Word of the Day - Thu Jun 18, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Yet, both in their own way, speak of a cleansing. One spiritual, the other physical. 😇 -
absolution - Word of the Day - Thu Jun 18, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: ABSOLUTION Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster ABSOLUTION Synonyms: 35 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus ABSOLVE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
bittersweet - Word of the Day - Wed Jun 17, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: BITTERSWEET Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster Adjectives for BITTERSWEET - Merriam-Webster BITTERSWEET Related Words - Merriam-Webster -
reminiscence - Word of the Day - Tue Jun 16, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: REMINISCENCE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster REMINISCENCE Synonyms: 33 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus REMINISCE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster REMINISCENT Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster REMINISCENCES Synonyms: 13 Similar Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus -
reckoning - Word of the Day - Mon Jun 15, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: RECKONING Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster RECKONING Synonyms: 137 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus RECKON Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
Well, I'll be damned. Proof that it is indeed a small world. 1976, just before Easter, I was on leave and visiting the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, West Bank, Palestine. In the church, I met a tour group from Hungary. I remember and mention this, because while speaking with the tour group leader, a Hungarian Catholic priest from a city not far from the town I was born in(small world). I do not recall what we talked about, except one thing that he said, popped into my mind because of, Word of the Day. It was: átkozott legyél, ha megteszed, átkozott legyél, ha nem You guessed it! Damned if you do, damned if you don't Vigyaz
-
Just the facts: DAMNED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DAMNED Synonyms: 304 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus THE DAMNED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster BE DAMNED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster I'LL BE DAMNED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DAMNEDEST Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
-
tormented - Word of the Day - Sat Jun 13, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: TORMENTED Synonyms: 156 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus TORMENT Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster TORMENT Synonyms: 168 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus Note: I tried to play the bagel video from yesterday and got no audio, but if you use captions, you can read what is said(no lip reading required). Here are another 3 videos from that same store, with audio! Bagels without a hole? Iconic Montreal shop brings unholy idea to city | Globalnews.ca What do Montrealers make of St-Viateur's unholy bagels? - YouTube How St Viateur Makes Its Iconic Montreal-Style Bagels - YouTube 🖖 -
Just the facts: UNHOLY Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster UNHOLY Synonyms: 146 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus UNHOLY Related Words - Merriam-Webster
-
HOLELESS Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster I don't know why, but this made me think of ' Bagels ' , which in turn, led me to ask myself, is a bagel with no hole still a bagel? This, then led me to the following video(what a small world). Just so you know, I have been to this bakery literally thousands of times in the last 60 plus years. Is a bagel with no hole still a bagel? Montreal's St-Viateur behind cheeky campaign Shalom
-
Just the facts: MORBID Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster MORBID Synonyms: 115 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus MORBIDITY Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
-
ghastly - Word of the Day - Wed Jun 10, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: GHASTLY Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster GHASTLY Synonyms: 168 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus GHASTLINESS Synonyms: 62 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus GRUESOME Synonyms: 80 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus -
abomination - Word of the Day - Tue Jun 9, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: ABOMINATION Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster ABOMINATION Synonyms: 94 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus ABOMINATIONS Synonyms: 38 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus ABOMINATE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster ABOMINABLE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
possessed - Word of the Day - Mon Jun 8, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: POSSESSED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster POSSESSED Synonyms: 125 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus POSSESS Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster POSSESSION Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster BE POSSESSED OF Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster SELF-POSSESSED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster ALL-POSSESSED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DISPOSSESSED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster I'm confused(easily), how come 22 is twenty-two, 33 is thirty-three, but 11 is not oney-one? -
What a Schwarzkopf like thing for you to say
- 42 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Welcome Back Kotter - Theme Song - YouTube
- 42 comments
-
- 10
-
-
Been there, done that, don't let the scorpions bite(seriously).
- 42 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
-
-
Just the facts: DREAD Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DREAD Synonyms: 219 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus DREADFUL Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DREADLOCK Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
-
@Aditus Is anyone but me still listening to the radio, or do you prefer to stream your favorite playlists, podcasts, or audiobooks? I like the radio in the morning. I catch up on the news, good or bad, and the local weather report, and I get to hear new or very old songs Queen - Radio Ga Ga (Official Video) - YouTube Is it just me, or ? Carpenters - When I was young I'd listen to the radio (Yesterday Once More) (Lyrics) - YouTube
-
sinister - Word of the Day - Sat Jun 6, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: SINISTER Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster SINISTER Synonyms: 85 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus etymology - How did "sinister", the Latin word for "left-handed", get its current meaning? - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange Sinister and Dexterity: Why "Left" is Associated With Evil | Merriam-Webster BEND SINISTER Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster GAUCHE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster If you some time to spare? SIX SEVEN Slang Meaning | Merriam-Webster (I don't consider myself as evil)
