Jump to content

sandrewn

Members
  • Posts

    6,515
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sandrewn

  1. sandrewn

    Chapter 18

    A quiet, yet most enjoyable chapter, an easy read, as you prep us for what is to come. The beginning of the relationship between Sir John and our Captain, with a hint of hard reality(Captain Young). Little things(minutiae) like his carpeting getting soaked or why the ship did not smell so noxious as other ships. Last but not least, a line being crossed, "Freddie". Mark, every chapter you create for us, continues to amaze. More, please and thank you.
  2. Valkyrie, considering the name and aim/purpose of this site. I do have to admit this post/GIF of yours was spot on, enough said.
  3. Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.
  4. Anagapesis means the slow, quiet loss of feelings of love for someone who was once deeply cherished. Synonyms and Related Terms Estrangement: The fading of emotional closeness or affection. Alienation: Becoming emotionally detached or isolated from someone. Detachment: A gradual loss of emotional connection. Disaffection: The state of no longer feeling warmth, love, or loyalty. Falling out of love: The plain-language description of losing romantic affection.
  5. Just the facts: ANAGNORISIS Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster Adjectives for ANAGNORISIS - Merriam-Webster ANAGNORISIS Synonyms: 42 Similar Words & Phrases ANAGNORISIS in Thesaurus: All Synonyms & Antonyms
  6. Of the shows' duos, my favorite was, Dudley Do-Right "lonely defender of justice and fair play: handsome, brave, daring... and hopelessly lost" and Horse. Dudley Do-Right - The Centaur - YouTube
  7. Just the facts: BEGUILE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster BEGUILE Synonyms: 140 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus BEGUILING Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster BEGUILING Synonyms: 294 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus BEGUILES Synonyms: 140 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus BEGUILED Synonyms: 211 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus BEGUILEMENT Synonyms: 103 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
  8. Add me to the list, wow, a clean sweep, of something once seen, a memory for life.💯
  9. Just the facts: ALPENGLOW Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster Alpenglow does not have an exact one-to-one synonym, but it shares close meanings with terms for twilight and atmospheric lighting. Closest Synonyms and Related Terms Afterglow: A general light remaining in the sky or on objects after the sun sets. Twilight glow: The colored light seen during twilight, usually near the horizon. Evening glow or Sunset glow: Light reflecting off the landscape or clouds as the sun goes down. Rosy glow: A descriptive phrase for a soft, pink, or red illuminated look on surfaces. Crepuscule: A formal word for twilight or dusk. Key Distinction While words like afterglow describe general residual light, alpenglow specifically refers to the rosy-red illumination restricted to high or snow-covered mountain peaks during sunrise and sunset Have you ever seen true Alpenglow? #science #mountains #alpenglow - YouTube
  10. This I found while looking for Johnny Carson videos. This is a side of her, few remember, but shows that she was a real person, everyone can relate to. Dolly Parton Is Seriously the Boldest Person in Hollywood. - YouTube goodbye, Dolly
  11. I did find a Tonight Show "Bloopers", I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Tonight Show Bloopers That BROKE Johnny Carson! - YouTub
  12. I could not find that footage, but came across this mind boggling fact: Between 1942 and 1977, Virginia park... - Old Photo Archive | Facebook
  13. His frequent encounters earned him the nicknames "Human Lightning Conductor" and the "Spark Ranger". He is in the "Book"(surprise), Guinness World Records, with a list of what got zapped each time, ouch. Most lightning strikes survived | Guinness World Records Worth the read, Roy Sullivan - Wikipedia Sadly, what Mother Nature couldn't do in seven tries, he did himself, R.I.P.
  14. Just the facts: GROUNDING Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster GROUNDING Synonyms: 41 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus GROUNDED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
  15. sandrewn

    Chapter 17

    This is a first, a totally nonviolent yet positive chapter, with no battles/action but, no deaths(midshipmen), excitement none the less. The wardroom in good spirits, Belvidera a flagship. Even the chartroom rats, tamed/relocated. Cavendish a wiser and very happy camper. Lennox promoted and last but not least, Sir John in good spirits, both with the ship and our Captain. Can this last, probably not. The next chapter please.
  16. Classic Serenity Quotes The Serenity Prayer: Written by Reinhold Niebuhr, it asks for peace with things as they are and courage to fix what is wrong. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference" Lao Tzu: "Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality." Epictetus: "Do not seek to have everything that happens happen as you wish, but wish for everything to happen as it actually does happen, and your life will be serene."
  17. Just the facts: SERENITY Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster SERENITY Synonyms: 128 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus SERENE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
  18. Frank Sinatra and Eddie Hodges - "High Hopes" from A Hole In The Head (1959) - YouTube
  19. Just the facts. HOPE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster HOPE Synonyms: 106 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
  20. Just the facts: CALMNESS Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CALMNESS Synonyms: 128 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus CALM Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster Calm vs. Calmness | the difference - CompareWords
  21. OM???, who would of thought. The Science of OM: How Chanting Calms Your Mind and Body
  22. Judging by your snappy comeback to my video choice. I do believe your continuation lag of the day, is over. Welcome back,
  23. Andrea McArdle Tomorrow - Google Search
  24. Just the facts: CONTINUATION Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CONTINUATION Synonyms: 36 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus Continuity vs Continuation - What's the difference? | WikiDiff CONTINUANCE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster Continuance vs. Continuation - Rephrasely CONTINUOUS Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CONTINUE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CONTINUED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
  25. I tried looking it up, no luck. I'm pretty sure, I was making $1,000+ and UN pay($180USD) per month. Keep in mind, there was nothing to spend it on where we lived. Weekend passes to Cairo, Tel Aviv if you were lucky. I was(very lucky) in charge of two convoys a week, one to Cairo and one to Tel Aviv. Then there was UN leave, did I ever tell you that I spent a week in London, stayed at a military hotel, The Union Jack Club. As luck would have it, I was there when the Queen came to officially open its' new location. They asked if I and my two friends would like to meet the queen??? She came to our table in the bar(no booze allowed), spoke with us for 15 minutes or so. Talk about right place, right time. Ever since I like to say, if asked, 'I went to London to visit the Queen'.(True story) Back to your original question, that whole hog meal, cost us a couple of hundred dollars USD.
×
×
  • Create New...