-
Posts
6,512 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by sandrewn
-
equilibrium - Word of the Day - Wed Aug 26, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I have gone for many a spins myself. -
equilibrium - Word of the Day - Wed Aug 26, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Been there, done that, been there, done that, been there, done that, been there.................... -
equilibrium - Word of the Day - Wed Aug 26, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
It has been years since I heard this one, the classic answer to the mythological riddle of the Sphinx solved by Oedipus is man (a human being). The Sphinx asked: "What goes on four feet in the morning, two at noon, and three in the evening?"—referring to crawling as an infant, walking on two legs as an adult, and using a walking cane in old age. I have now experienced all three and find "the shadows are getting longer for me". -
equilibrium - Word of the Day - Wed Aug 26, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: EQUILIBRIUM Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster EQUILIBRIUM Synonyms: 82 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus EQUILIBRIUM CONSTANT Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster STABLE EQUILIBRIUM Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
Hello there, of course I (we) remember you, I'm still on your home page. Take your time, reconnect, ask questions, join in. This song title seems so appropriate, I can't help myself(just pretend Kotter isn't there)........ Welcome Back Kotter - Theme Song - YouTube Take care, sandrewn
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Of the approximate 165,000 deaths that occurred today around the world, Tuesday, 25 August 2026. Dolly Parton was the only one to bring a tear to my eye. I knew her, her voice, her songs, of her life story. The world that I know, has lost a Good Samaritan(a helpful person who gives time, money, or effort to aid a stranger). She often shared her belief that God did not plan for her to have biological children so that "everybody's kids could be mine". Did Dolly Parton have any kids? - pennlive.com Fair winds and following seas, sandrewn
- 21 replies
-
- 14
-
-
resolution - Word of the Day - Tue Aug 25, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: RESOLUTION Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster RESOLUTION Synonyms: 98 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus RESOLVE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster RESOLVE Synonyms: 216 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus -
resolution - Word of the Day - Tue Aug 25, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Been there, done that, still do. Sort of reminds me of, 'Groundhog Day'. -
strengthened - Word of the Day - Mon Aug 24, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I know it's not, but it sounds addictative Ringo Star - No, No Song - YouTube -
strengthened - Word of the Day - Mon Aug 24, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: STRENGTHENED | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary STRENGTHENED Synonyms: 186 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus STRENGTHEN Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster STRENGTHEN Synonyms: 136 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus Strengthened Meaning, Usage & Statistics -
Welcome Evan. Wow, already a story in moderation, is that what they call chomping at the bit. I wish you all the best. Take care & good luck, sandrewn
- 5,016 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- introduce yourself
- new members
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Welcome back Paul. I'm so glad you stopped by all those years ago as a reader and remembered us. I guess you saw and felt something positive from those visits. Even better, you are back as a writer, I wish you luck as an aspiring new author and look forward to your stories. Never hesitate to ask a question or for advice. Remember, every single author here now, was once standing exactly where you are now. Take care & best wishes, sandrewn
- 5,016 replies
-
- 4
-
-
-
- introduce yourself
- new members
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
patience - Word of the Day - Sun Aug 23, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Now this one brings to mind, something most of us have heard before, "Location, location, location." I live in Montreal, a bee/wasp sting or being bitten when I ten years old by a neighbors' puppy dog called, 'Happy', were my worst case scenarios. Now to the other extreme, Australia, once bitten, if you survive, don't do whatever you did, again, if that means running faster, hell yeah!! With all of the possible dangerous fauna there, good luck. I know, you know the obvious ones, but consider the two I have listed below as, who would of thought or scary as hell: Platypus venom and spurs - Australian Platypus Conservancy “They're equipped with 15cm claws, can run at speeds of 50kph, clear 2m when jumping and deliver a mean kick – just how worried should I be?” | Discover Wildlife -
patience - Word of the Day - Sun Aug 23, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Brings to mind a popular saying, "Once bitten twice shy". -
I'm not sure if what you said, dreed, was intentional or a misspelling? "Dreed" is the past tense form of the old Scottish and northern English verb dree, which means to suffer, endure, or bear a hard fate (as in the old phrase "to dree one's weird"). It is also commonly seen as a common misspelling or phonetic variant of dread, or a reference to the sci-fi franchise Judge Dredd. Definition: Past tense of dree (to endure or undergo hardship). Origin: Old English drēogan. Usage: Mostly found in old literature, Scottish dialects, or traditional phrases
-
patience - Word of the Day - Sun Aug 23, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: PATIENCE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster PATIENCE Synonyms: 29 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus PATIENTLY Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster PATIENT Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
Just the facts: CALM Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CALM Synonyms: 310 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus CALMNESS Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CALMNESS Synonyms: 128 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
-
continuance - Word of the Day - Fri Aug 21, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: CONTINUANCE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CONTINUANCE Synonyms: 55 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus CONTINUANCES Synonyms: 48 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus CONTINUE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CONTINUED Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CONTINUAL Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster CONTINUATION Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DISCONTINUANCE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
Just the facts: UNITY Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster UNITY Synonyms: 37 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus I actually found something geared for writers(finally). Unity Definition, Synonyms, Importance | Writing Commons
-
purpose - Word of the Day - Wed Aug 19, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: PURPOSE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster PURPOSE Synonyms: 98 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus -
restoration - Word of the Day - Tue Aug 18, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: RESTORATION Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster RESTORATION Synonyms: 33 Similar Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus RESTORE Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster -
restoration - Word of the Day - Tue Aug 18, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
I'm a bit weary about what that means? Years ago, we had 'Friends' on our personal pages, I had several hundred listed, upgrade/gone. I could still find them because we still listed all of the 'Non Writer Members' and their pages, upgrade/gone. I understand that without the 'Authors', we would not have a GA site. However, it is getting very lonely and starting to feel as if for a non writing member, the writing may already be on the wall(upgrade?). Notice, I didn't mention the 'Personal Statuses' on all our pages. If cost was a factor, that I could understand. For an outside party doing an upgrade of our site, saying this or that really wasn't necessary or relevant, not so much so. Regardless, until you guys kick me out, I intend to stay. Ga is my second home. -
direction - Word of the Day - Mon Aug 17, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
A "chaos action" or "chaos-driven action" generally describes a step or behavior that introduces unpredictability, disruption, or disorder into a system. Speaking of tariffs........... -
direction - Word of the Day - Mon Aug 17, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
Just the facts: DIRECTION Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DIRECTION Synonyms: 124 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus DIRECTIONAL Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DIRECTIONS Synonyms: 125 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus DIRECTIONLESS Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster DIRECTIONLESS Synonyms: 46 Similar and Opposite Words | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus -
reassurance - Word of the Day - Sun Aug 16, 2026
sandrewn commented on Myr's blog entry in Writing World
🤐
