Jump to content

sandrewn

Members
  • Posts

    6,529
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sandrewn

  1. The picture says it all. sandrewn (have you signed your donor card)
  2. There is no shame in turning back, when you discover you are on the wrong path. sandrewn (learn from your mistakes)
  3. Two Red SnakesMotion 29 October 2016 No Comments Yet - Share Your Thoughts The two snakes appear to be in motion even though this image is completely static. This another terrific example of an anomalous motion illusion created by Professor Akiyosh Kitaoka. His illusions are very popular on this site, primarily because he creates some of the best motion illusions in the business. (via Akiyoshi Kitaoka) Find 11 Trout Hidden Objects 18 October 2016 No Comments Yet - Share Your Thoughts Try to find 11 trout in this hidden image wildlife painting by artist Steven Michael Gardner. Look carefully as some are very easy to find while others are quite obscure. If you get stuck, you can find the answer to this puzzle by clicking here. sandrewn (I did not find all of them)
  4. Try this common sense quiz. BrainBashers https://www.brainbashers.com/commonsense.asp sandrewn (to my shame, I missed them all)
  5. "Watch the sunrise at least once a year, put a lot of marshmallows in your hot chocolate, lie on your back and look at the stars, never buy a coffee table you can't put your feet on, never pass up a chance to jump on a trampoline, don't overlook life's small joys while searching for the big ones." ~H. Jackson Brown. Jr sandrewn
  6. 10 Mind Blowing Optical Illusions sandrewn
  7. When you think of it, that over a hundred years ago, most everything that we take for granted did not exist. Then the first video, 10 Creepy Vintage Videos (scary footage) is that much more impressive. The second one, 10 Scariest Videos On The Internet, keep in mind when these were made. sandrewn
  8. " He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying." ~Friedrich Nietzsch sandrewn
  9. You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down. ~Charles Chaplin sandrewn
  10. Small Honor: Tiny Moth Named for Trump http://www.livescience.com/57525-tiny-moth-named-for-donald-trump.html sandrewn
  11. I already told her in her status update. This is supposed to be a picker upper for her and informative to anyone else who happens to view them.
  12. Find a chat room to duke this out! Now for something completely different! Several videos about Hungary. You will hear of some of the history and people. Some interesting facts and places. The last one will show that even Magyars have some people, who should never, ever be allowed to sing on TV or in public again. Legyen szep napod (have a nice day) sandrewn
  13. sandrewn
  14. Mark, I borrowed this from Optical Illusions, because I thought it would fit right in here, at this place and time. A bridge to the next book of Bridgemont and the further adventures of our beloved Granger, hopefully aboard HMS Valiant. The Pom Poms are ever ready sandrewn (fingers & toes crossed)
  15. 3D Pictures Take the Plunge http://brainden.com/3d-pictures.htm#prettyPhoto[pp_gal]/8/ sandrewn (the stereograms stumped me)
  16. Now, for a complete change of subject. Inquiring minds want to know! Why Does Coffee Make You Poop? http://www.livescience.com/45465-why-does-coffee-make-you-poop.html sandrewn (I think I'll cut down, from 10 to 9 cups a day)
  17. I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work. --Thomas Alva Edison sandrewn
  18. Question: When is a photograph not a photograph? Answer: When it is in fact a painting. These special artists could challenge the work of not a few professional photographers http://www.boredpanda.com/hyperrealistic-art-photorealistic-paintings-look-like-photos/ I would make the time to go to the gallery to see these works, if they were on display. sandrewn
  19. The Scary use of Mercury in years gone by Syphilis - Its early history and Treatment From the Journal of Military and Veteran's Health http://jmvh.org/article/syphilis-its-early-history-and-treatment-until-penicillin-and-the-debate-on-its-origins/ Note: Once I started reading, I had to read the whole article, as I hope you do as well. A real eye opener. We use chemo therapy, but back then there was no excuse, except ignorance, for what was done. sandrewn
  20. You can't have a better tomorrow if you don't stop thinking about yesterday sandrewn (okay, I'll have to work on that one)
  21. For what it is worth, my two cents says you should carry on with this story. I will read it and look forward to your continuing with it. You got my attention and vote. sandrewn
  22. When she was born this would of seemed like a miracle and (was) an impossible dream. We should all keep in mind, that with time all things may be possible and that dreams can indeed, come true. In Virginia McLaurins' case, it just took 106 years. http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/106-yr-old-woman-breaks-into-a-dance-upon-meeting-the-president-and-first-lady-watch/ sandrewn (you have to believe)
  23. Amen! sandrewn (enough said)
  24. The thought that was put into creating these photos, is awe inspiring! Or, talk about lucky and being in just the right place at the just right time. Maybe a combination of both? 15+ Reflections That Will Mess With Your Head http://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-reflections-optical-illusions/ sandrewn (regardless of the how, well done)
  25. I have never had more than several thousand dollars in my hands. I don't know about you, but I could never wrap my mind around how much a million would look like, let alone a BILLION dollars. Now when Trillions are talked about by governments, it boggles the imagination. I found this article from 2013 that helps me to visualize what these amounts would look like to the average person. http://www.livescience.com/40400-debt-ceiling-how-much-is-16-trillion.html sandrewn
×
×
  • Create New...