Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

quokka

Author
  • Posts

    3,680
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by quokka

  1. quokka

    Alo Chapter 4

    Thursday February 1st “Oh, I see, well thank you for informing me, as you may know, I didn’t get on with my folks very well, after they learnt of my sexual orientation, soon after completing high school, and they have not bothered to stay in touch with me over the past nine years. The last I heard from them, was when I was 21, and they were leaving to travel to Scotland, and they had put the farm up for long term lease” I responded. “Yes, your parents informed me of that situation, but
  2. quokka

    Alo Chapter 3

    Back in the main passageway, just 5 metres from the doors to the staffroom and store room, there is a closed door, marked “Private – No Entry”. Jeremy unlocked the door and we stepped into a furnished lounge room, leading off this is a large modern kitchen, including a pantry, and a door that leads to a utility room, with washing machine, dryer, sink, and two extra freezers. Back in the lounge room, there is another door that leads to a short hallway, with a bedroom on one side and a study
  3. quokka

    Alo Chapter 2

    Unfortunately, the reunion with my wife only lasted for eight months, when Sara announced that she had managed to get a better job, but it was in Adelaide, and that she was moving there in a week’s time. While together for the second time, our relationship was not the best, we both seemed to be more interested in our careers, and that sharing an apartment and a bed was just a benefit for both of us. I heard from Saraha few months later after the second time we separated, only to finalise th
  4. quokka

    Alo Chapter 1

    It was strange being back to this spot again, after so many years of hardship personally and professionally, Sara and I had known each other since we were in high school and with all my personal battles, she still accepted me as a friend and later as her husband. Today I was saying my final farewell to her, at the place where she had proposed to me nearly nine years ago, as it was the place where she was the happiest in her life. It was a perfect way to say farewell. Sarah Carter had gone t
  5. quokka

    All Alone

    Feeling very much alone, Lloyd lowers the urn of his wife’s ashes into the water, as the sun is setting in the Indian Ocean, on a remote Cattle Station in Western Australia. What was to be a short visit to the station, changes dramatically, and Lloyd has to deal with all the challenges of being in a remote location, including a category 5 cyclone, an Earthquake and two wildfires.
  6. quokka

    Website

    Thanks guys, still working on it.
  7. quokka

    Orc Chapter 12

    …
  8. quokka

    Website

    Hey All Just letting you know, that I am currently setting up a website. quokka63.wixsite.com/home Please feel free to check it out. Regards Q
  9. quokka

    Orc Chapter 12

    This is the last story about Sebastian , the twins and Sir Lewis, but I am considering a follow up story with Xander. Q
  10. quokka

    Orc Chapter 10

    It’s is describing the same house, by saying that it isn’t just a vacant block of land, and secondly the estate agent describing it to Lewis.
  11. Within a month, we had commenced the flights from Broome to the Indian Ocean Territories of Australia, and the Australian Government had ceased flights from Asia into Christmas and Cocos Keeling Islands, forcing the Asian tourists to travel to Darwin and Broome first, which had more stricter Boarder security measures in place. I had decided to not have flights from Darwin to Broome, as that is fairly well covered by other airlines, instead I would be soon starting flights from Broome to Den
  12. quokka

    Orc Chapter 11

    Attending boarding school
  13. “I have a local lady who cleans the house once a week to keep it clean and tidy” Anita explained, “can you please inform her that she has a permanent weekly job, and that myself and my two assistants, will be moving in on Saturday” I replied, “She will be happy to know that, I will tell her as soon as we return to town” Anita said as she handed over the house keys, that included the two gate remotes. While Anita head back to town, I walked down to the bay to check out the small jetty, at the
  14. “Mine actually, excess vehicles from the business in Broome, that I had trucked to here, and arrived yesterday” I replied, as I climbed into the driver’s seat of the Trail Blazer, with Kylie sitting in the front passenger seat, while the others joined Frank in the Colorado. When we arrived at the police station, Frank lead the AFP team into the small meeting room, where they set up laptop computers, and phones, before coming out to the front office where Frank and I were talking. “We have Mi
  15. “You again, what do you want?” she said to me as she dumped the dirty laundry, in a pile on the floor behind the reception counter, “Well I came to speak to you, and I have been waiting for fifteen minutes now…”, “More like five, what do you want, I am busy” the lady said interrupting me. “While I was waiting for fifteen minutes, I answered the telephone a moment ago, and if you are Erica, your boss wishes to speak to as soon as possible” I said. “Shit, what does he want now” she cursed, as
  16. I wondered if I should steer clear of the Indian Ocean Territories, until a new administrator is found, as I could easily keep myself busy in Broome for the next few months, and that is exactly what I decided to do, and I contacted the administration manager, to let him know that I would be staying on for at least a week or more. Over the next few days, I received emails from the Shire Councils of Christmas Island, Cocos Keeling Islands and the Council of Chiefs at Chagos Archipelago, all st
  17. I ended up spending just a week in Perth, before flying to Christmas Island, and I was shocked at how bad things looked in regards to tourism and the condition of the island since last leaving the island, and I spent a good week looking around Christmas Island, before flying to the Cocos Keeling Islands to do the same thing, and taking note of everything that I had seen, and taking plenty of photos, before combining it into a report, and sending it to Sebastian, to ask him if he would consider r
  18. quokka

    Chapter 21

    Bravo
  19. quokka

    Orc Chapter 6

    Just be patient mate!
  20. With level 4 at just above sea level and two more levels above it, we continued to work to put the complex together, so that the ship can get moving to its next cargo job. In all, it took just under two weeks to get the tower completed and fully operational, with electricity, working generator, pumps and elevators, all the way to the top of the tower, where a flashing red light signals a warning of the tower being there at 11 metres above the sea, which is far lower than the highest point on the
  21. Twenty minutes later, Sebastian returned, and he was not looking very happy at all. “Xander is furious with me, he said he has been waiting for nearly two weeks for a reply to his email, requesting the travel information that I promised” Sebastian explained. “You have some major work ahead of you brother, to make up for that big mistake” Joachim said, and Louis agreed. “Anyway, he is on his way, he will be catching a flight in 1 hours’ time, that will take him to Naples, and I have chartered
  22. quokka

    Orc Chapter 3

    Be patient...
  23. “Wow, now I didn’t expect that” I commented, just as Sebastian sat down beside me. “What is it my love? Anything interesting?” Sebastian asked, “Yes, you could say that” I replied, as I handed him the newspaper. “Well looks like the shit is really about to hit the fan in Canberra” Sebastian commented, when he finished reading the news article. “I think I had better stay onboard the yacht and stay out of sight till we are out to sea again” I remarked, and Sebastian nodded his head in agreement.
  24. “Good evening, at the top of our news tonight, Australia is in crisis with Singapore, after an incident that took place in Singapore less than a week ago. Information is a little sketchy at present, but what we have learn is that Sir Lewis Shaw, the IOTA Administrator, travelled to Singapore, at the request of the Federal Government, to represent them at the planning meetings for the coming APEC meeting. It is believed that during his stay in Singapore, one of his staff was arrested b
  25. “Hello Ma’am, it is Lewis Shaw speaking, we have a situation here in Singapore, that needs to be dealt with on a higher level… yes ma’am, that is correct, he has been missing for about five hours now, and I am getting very worried… yes ma’am, thank you, bye for now” I said and ended the call with a smile on my face, as I noticed Mr Crompton looking very scared. “That was Her Excellency, the Governor General, she is not too happy about the lack of action on your part to locate an Australian c
×
×
  • Create New...