Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,315
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 1

    Unlike @drsawzall, I swooned, rejoiced and resurrected because of the "disco celebration" in this frothy, joyous romp through the "original" Studio 54, long before Steve Rubell remixed, remade and remodelled it (salute to Deborah Harry). Diva Glamoranza, a name which evoked such vivid and breathtakingly glamorous images. She was a composite of Sylvester (think You Make Me Feel Mighty Real video) and his sister in disco heaven, the equally fabulous and vocally titanic, Martha Wash. I heard many songs swirling in the rarefied atmosphere of this story @Rafy, none moreso than several by the criminally underrated (IMO), The Ritchie Family, the "other" creation of Jacques Morali. It was likely the mention of Cleopatra on several occasions which brought to mind one of their many disco gems I enjoyed as a teenager in rural Australia, songs I continue to enjoy in later years. African Queens, with those signature swirling strings, Village People-esque backing vocals and exotic costumes, which featured heavily as I soaked in the fabulousness created by Diva and Varius.
  2. I made a comment on the previous chapter on 27/08/25, quoting Zack directly, in which he used the "c" word to describe his feelings towards Timmy. The comment remains unpublished and has been referred to the Site Moderator for approval because it contains the "c" word. The reason for this explanation - I speculated as follows: it will not surprise me if it emerges Timmy has threatened Zack or someone else Zack knows well, and possibly even forced Zack or someone else he knows well to perform sexual favours for him. Zack has appeared so mild-mannered at all other times, therefore his describing Timmy as a c#$t seemed out of character to me. I thought Timmy might have tried to force Zack or someone Zack knows well to give him a blow job, but given Zack's claim Timmy almost succeeded in raping him, it appears penetrative sex was Timmy's intention. As @Seraph28 and a number of other readers have commented, Timmy may have been the victim of rape himself, but then again he may just be a self-hating closet-case a la Roy Cohn. Whatever his motivation, he can now add sex offender to his rap sheet. I have a "bad" feeling Timmy and some of his fellow goons are going to attack JJ outside of school when he is on his own, or alternately are going to do the same to Dallas now his capacity to defend himself is limited by his injuries. Timmy appears to have been spawn from the same petri dish, or at least a similarly toxic petri dish, as Stinky Shane from Stockroom Secrets and Frank Thompson from The Seventeenth Summer @Mark Ponyboy Peters. I hope you have something planned to teach him a lesson, perhaps a friendly visit from @weinerdog' childhood classmate, Richard Large, if his name befits his "accoutrement". I was very impressed Papa Jackson requested JJ inform him if he is the recipient of any more harassment from Timmy, so that he could brief the family solicitor, presumably with the intention of taking some type of enforcement action. JJ's parents, together with Mrs Fierce Pearce have all been fully supportive of JJ and Dallas, and appear resolute in their intention of protecting them from any harassment or bullying, the worst of which I very much doubt we have yet witnessed. I know her intentions are always noble @Mark Ponyboy Peters, but Merry is at times such an Esme Watson. I would think now she has a toy of her own to occupy her time, she would be a little less nosey.
  3. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 1

    I felt the cold wind, the force of the storm and the smell of the salt spray air. The ferocity of Mother Nature, a stimulant for the absence of inspiration and the desertion of creativity. A delightful tale extolling the virtues of patience, which I totally lack, the serenity of silence and the beauty of simplicity. Well done again @Rafy.
  4. 92 years of age and still enjoying her champagne with her fellow Dame and champagne aficionado, Shirley Bassey, if reports are at all accurate. Both blessed with good bone structure, robust health and a discipline to retain svelte figures. Dame Joan's comparatively youthful husband has seemingly kept her spritely too.
  5. I laughed until I fell off my chair. Dylan's razor sharp wit was to the fore on a number of occasions, but none moreso than: "Before Jonas could retreat into his shell, I slung an arm around his shoulders, pulling him close. “He’s a sucker for my spontaneity,” I said with a wide, easy grin. “It keeps him on his toes. Just last week, I convinced him we should adopt a goat. We named it Lysander." The statement in bold text, bettering the suggestion to rejoice to Gloria's I Will Survive. It was more like a bitch-slap from Toni Braxton, delivered in a contralto vocal with a smile that could ignite embalming fluid. Your physical descriptions of both Jonas and Lysander were simply brilliant @Rafy. Such economy with words, such vivid images. I am going to investigate some of your back catalogue now. Absolutely fabulous.
  6. I guess his dual apology to Dallas and JJ was not an indication of a change of heart, or at least a thawing of his opposition; @weinerdog will be disappointed. It seems Madge had Pompous Pious Pearce's hollow apology sussed @weinerdog. Fab-u-lous.
  7. Will Marie-Louise be making a "guest appearance" @Lee Wilson? And where is Billy with his video camera?
  8. I forgot to comment @Mark Ponyboy Peters on Dallas' statement his mother is apparently calling time on her marriage to his father. I assume there must be issues other than his attitude to Dallas' coming out which have soured the relationship, as if not it seems rather hasty to be giving up for this reason alone. If Dallas' father had physically assaulted him and/or his mother in response to Dallas being gay I could understand it, but not based on what has transpired thus far. I am generally not very forgiving, but even I think he should be given the opportunity to redeem himself. If however, he had harmed the family cat or stated he hates cats, ABBA or Donna, then that is a completely different kettle of fish. 😠😠😠😠😠😠
  9. I suspect JJ's father may be more the exception than the rule @Lynx003. We already know Dallas' father and Timmy's father know each other and share similar views on gay men, although Dallas' father may modify his attitude over time now that he is aware he has a son, his only son, who is gay. I imagine many of the other fathers would likely share the view of Timmy and Dallas' fathers.
  10. I loved Dynasty @Gary L, primarily because of your fellow Brit, Dame Joan Collins. Absolutely trashy.
  11. I arseumed as much @Paladin. I obviously would never eat their "food", however, their ads are nowhere near as sickening as that three-lettered chicken fast-food company, which for me is the most disgusting of them all. Their ads seem to delight in presenting humans gorging themselves, stuffing their faces with huge pieces of their chicken. It makes me feel slightly nauseous watching the ads and I can almost smell all the fat they are cooked in. 🤮🤮🤮🤮
  12. Not me, I was talking about @weinerdog's Spotted Dick and Toad In The Hole. I think I may have eaten Spotted Dick once as a pre-teen growing up in rural NSW as my maternal grandmother cooked food popular in the UK as her father was English. I don't recall ever eating Toad In The Hole though, but I had heard of it so may have eaten it.
  13. I cannot imagine anything from that "restaurant" being wholesome.
  14. I think it was @weinerdog's Spotted Dick which started all this talk of cakes, slices and tarts.
  15. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 21

    Warm, languid and serene, with just a touch of drama courtesy of Nick's mother and Mr G. What a delightful chapter @LittleBuddhaTW.
  16. As a Brit and a chef @chris191070, would you say that Spotted Dick is the perfect dessert companion to Toad In The Hole?
  17. It depends on the time of day, the tasks which have been undertaken and the "journey(ies)" it has made. I would hazard a guess and say mostly the latter.
  18. The spots are the colour of moss.
  19. Spotted and oozing, and not with a pleasant "ooze".
  20. Jacob has arrived at Philpott Towers and it was not the high-camp event I thought (was hoping) it might be. Still, it is early days yet, plenty of time for Jacob to release his inner-Sylvester. More progress in the relationship between Matt and Gray, both of whom have adopted the approach "slow and steady wins the race", but who is the tortoise and who is the hare. Another delightfully low-key chapter @Robert Hugill, with a hint of whimsy.
  21. Would it not perhaps depend on the colour of the spots?
  22. I agree @weinerdog. Given Zack's comment "You got the part right,’ Zack added. ‘He deserves everything he gets." it will not surprise me if it emerges Timmy has threatened Zack or someone else Zack knows well, and possibly even forced Zack or someone else he knows well to perform sexual favours for him. Timmy's abusive behaviour towards JJ in particular, also has me thinking he doth protest a little too much. He may well be a self-loathing "faggot" who is trying to cleanse himself of the sin of "faggotry" as much as, or if not more, than the same sin of others such as JJ.
  23. Big time "bro crush" I would say @CincyKris. Possibly some penis envy too given Dallas is hung like a horse according to JJ. I am an Aussie and I did not know this either. Hardly surprising though, as I have not eaten anything from McDonald's for more than 20 years I would say, and even then it was those revolting Filet-o-Fish and fries.
  24. Just so long as it is only his jealousy which is oozing @Seraph28. I have an image of Timmy as a real yobbo, someone who likely does not pay sufficient attention to personal hygiene and is at times a bit "ripe". That said, Felix only knows what else might be oozing, and whether said ooze is a biological hazard to others.
  25. A possible brain tumour @weinerdog.
×
×
  • Create New...