-
Posts
8,373 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Summerabbacat
-
My fellow Hugillites have been in fine form over the past 17 hours with their contemplative examination of the behaviour of, motives for and interactions between those present at Francis' ugly and ostentatious home and the one absent from "the proceedings", Donald "the old git" Mitchell. As many have stated the relationship between Len and Greg seems to be mutually beneficial, with Len in particular protective of Greg. One gets a sense Greg may have been far more damaged by "the old gits" exploitation of him than he has revealed. Will the photography project bring Greg some kind of joy, closure or catharsis, time will only tell. He well may benefit from it and I am certain Francis will. I suspect Francis' concern for Greg may be well meaning, but I find it hard to believe he would do anything unless there is a benefit to himself, even altruism has its rewards if not financial then at least reputational. "Greg and Len arrived in an elderly Ford Fiesta; we joined them and walked up to the house." I had a great chuckle at this comment @Robert Hugill. I don't think I have ever seen someone describe an old car with such consideration for its "feelings". Wonderful work.
-
Arya has spoken and her assessment is positive. If there was any doubt in Adam's mind as to Kai's suitability, such doubt should now be erased. Kellan is obviously a very caring man as evidenced by his quiet word in Adam's ear regarding Kai's stubbornness and the significance of today's move from hospital to home, a home he likely thought he would never see again until recently. Love Unlimited sang and cooed Walkin' In The Rain With The One I Love (even though it is not raining) whilst I was reading the latter part of this chapter. I expect next chapter it will be Barry's bass voice on It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me which will swirl and rise in tandem with rising passions (fuck I should write cheap trashy romance novels). Terrific chapter @Andr0gene. Barry White would have been proud of you.
- 31 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
“I brought wine this time. Get some candles, kill the lights, put on some Barry White. We’re there. Oh, where do I put this?” I don't care how "inappropriate" or bald Dr. Kinky is, if he considers the music of Barry White the epitome of seduction, he has SCORED A HOME RUN. Barry and his "soul brothers" Isaac Hayes, Marvin Gaye, Teddy Pendergrass and our very own, Luther Vandross, just ooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzze pheromones every time they open their mouths to sing even just one note about making luuuuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvvveeeeee. People of all genders just be dropping their panties anywhere and everywhere when these men choose to ooze. I was surprised Dr Kinky did not realise Kai was gay. I assumed it would have arisen in conversation. Either Kai is the butch straight-acting type (but maybe a screaming nelly bottom in bed) or Dr Kinky has no gaydar. OMG @Andr0gene, the reference to BW's music has me all hot and bothered. Some of his longer songs such as Your Love - So Good I Can Taste It are some of the best "come fuck me" songs ever (just like Marvin's Let's Get It On and Sexual Healing).
-
I have to agree with you @John Henry Silver Springs is a great song and there is no Fleetwood Mac without Christine. I do love Tusk though, both the album and the song, although I think most of Lindsay's other songs on the album, apart from Not That Funny, are underwhelming. Christine has some gorgeous songs on the album with Honey Hi, Never Forget, Brown Eyes and Never Make Me Cry, but for me the absolute standard track on the whole album is Sara (and it was fucking criminal when first released on CD that it was the edited single version included).
-
I do. You are much kinder than I, although I do think ignorance, unless it is wilful ignorance, can at least be improved with the right opportunity and attitude on the part of the ignorant.
- 21 comments
-
- 10
-
-
I did not want to appear too insensitive and "grumpy old manlike" by making the following statement earlier, but I feel your comment has "freed my inhibitions" and invited me to do so @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Yes, the volunteer surf life savers are often ignored by locals and tourists alike, which is why I would not shed a tear if the number who were rescued was fewer. Selfish fuckers.
- 21 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
That is an extraordinary number saved @Paladin. I imagine that like our volunteer fire fighters, much of their volunteer work would be performed in the warmer months between October to March, but especially in summer.
- 21 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
I was thinking of including Monday morning in an earlier comment as it is almost 8pm on Sunday in Sydney, Australia, and Monday morning is approaching much too quickly yet again. Monday morning always brings with it a blue letter, unless of course, it is a day off for one reason or another. I have to say Lindsay's contributions to the five albums Fleetwood Mac to Tango In The Night inclusive are generally my least favourite, apart from the magnificent Go Your Own Way which heralded this examination of "the Mac". Stevie's are usually my favourite, starting with Rhiannon, although I often had little understanding of WTF she was on about. The joy of Christine's songs is their lyrical simplicity, honesty and poignancy, complimented beautifully by her haunting vocals. Whenever interviewed she always struck me as very unaffected and grounded, with a streak of mischief and inquisitiveness which I found very charming. Very English and maybe even a little shy. And let's not forget, Rumours must surely be one of the most successful public airings ever of the destruction of the relationships between those involved.
-
You are not lost @Johnny Kape. All of the italicised words in the comments @John Henry and I have made are song titles, apart from Rumours which is generally regarded as not only Fleetwood Mac's magnum opus, but also one of pop music's greatest albums ever released.
-
I am surprised the number of those who drown is not higher @Paladin. I am certain it would be if it were not for the dedication of the volunteer surf life savers who patrol beaches, many of whom put their own lives at risk to save people from drowning. I get very annoyed at those who get into trouble when swimming outside the flags, even if they are tourists, even moreso those who when warned by surf life savers about swimming inside the flags ignore the warning. I have seen this happen on many occasions at the beach, if nothing else it demonstrates a complete lack of respect for these volunteers who would assist such idiots if they were to get into trouble. Justin is indeed very fortunate @Paladin that Scott is an experienced swimmer; however, even such experience is not always enough. How often have you heard of parents, especially fathers, diving into save their children only to lose their own lives without saving the children (this seems to happen more often in other waterways as mentioned by @Mark Ponyboy Peters in his comments above). I have to say I would never venture far into the water on an unpatrolled beach; it is just not worth the risk and I am not a strong swimmer. Even if it is a beach you are familiar with there is also the risk of a shark attack or a bluebottle sting. Excellent writing again @Mark Ponyboy Peters. You have captured the beauty of the Pacific Ocean very well, but tempered this with its danger, a danger we should respect. So often we humans think we can "master" nature because we are smart. I am not suggesting Justin's behaviour has been reckless or arrogant in any way, but the difficulty he finds himself in is a stark reminder of how we delude ourselves that nature is our servant and we its master.
- 21 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
I agree with @VBlew. Adam needs to find Kai's old desk, even if its sole purpose turns out to be utilitarian only, although with both Adam and Kai appearing to have healthy appetites I believe it will serve a multi-purpose. If the desk is found before Kai arrives it may be a difficult choice for them both to make @Al Norris. Bed, desk, bed, desk? They may be spoilt for choices.
-
I don't think I can possibly trump your comment for wit and timeliness @John Henry. I know i'm not wrong, although I may walk a thin line when I make this comment, but no matter what happens to the orange Brillo pad it will never make me cry the attempt was made. I am just mystified it has taken this long.
-
I had forgotten the beauty of Albatross. Isn't it midnight or thereabouts in your "neck of the woods" @John Henry or are you out and about with your Sisters Of The Moon, Crystal and oh Diane too? There are so many rumours one could start about the likes of Miss Diesel Tailpipe and Cumstain Calvin, suffice to say there is no love in store for either only storms. And now that's all for everyone, otherwise I will be like a broken record, repeating myself over and over.
-
I am loving all these Fleetwood Mac reminiscences so I cannot but help contribute some too. Methinks all these little lies Miss Diesel Tailpipe has told are going to bite her and Cumstain Calvin on their respective arses. The only way she will obtain wealth now is to find herself a sugar daddy, but that is not likely given she is second hand news, and she certainly ain't no angel or songbird. It's not that funny is it Miss Diesel Tailpipe and Cumstain Calvin, so think it over before you try to do anything else to that beautiful child, Caleb. There will be no warm ways for either of you, with the world turning against you. You can beg hold me until the cows come home because no one will want to, not even Rhiannon, Sara or Caroline. There will be no tango in the night for either of you, just a gold dust woman ready to take your silver spoon and dig your grave. I agree with @weinerdog, I do not think Bryan should disclose "the kiss" to Kenny, after all Kenny does not want to talk to him at present. I suspect it is Diego who has discovered Bryan and James in the "throes of passion", unless Kenny still has a key to Bryan's home, in which case it could be him. If so, they're both fucked, well and truly.
-
To quote 'Gran' from Absolutely Fabulous from the episode titled Fat "just the one dear". It was the way she said it and the circumstances in which she used it. I heard her voice saying this when I read this very funny comment @FanLit.
-
You are so observant @Paladin. Not once did Peter use Justin's name, in fact, when I think back he has more often than not referred to Justin as "boy". I consider this to be disrespectful on Peter's part, the equivalent of Justin referring to Peter as "hey grump" or "ya old bastard" or something equally appropriate given Peter's behaviour.
-
Very perceptive @Cane23.
- 16 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
An opera written by a Czech composer, dinner at a Cuban restaurant and a Spanish food platter to complete the evening. My goodness, how far Keith and Thomas have come since the early chapters of this story. I doubt either would have experienced many of the things they have done together if they were still single. And they are on the same page regarding fidelity. They resolve issues in such a calm and straight forward manner. Marvellous chapter again @Robert Hugill. I had a great laugh at the young women out for the night wearing very little even when the weather is cold. I have seen that many times in recent years myself and always think they are bound to "catch a chill", something which would happen to me if I dressed in such a fashion or even went out suitably attired in cold weather.
-
‘Come on then, woman!’ Peter scolded. ‘We’ll never get home at this rate!’ Urgh. My disdain for Peter has increased significantly in recent chapters and this remark is just one of the many reasons why. I am almost certain now Jenny knows Justin is gay and that he is attracted to Scott. The invitation she extended to Scott to visit soon with Justin was one I would expect to be made to the partner or lover of offspring. Her plea for Scott to look after Justin also appeared to be one recognising their relationship is something more than just a friendship. You will be pleased the "mystery" of the second bedroom is addressed in this chapter @Paladin. It appears it has been used as a "junk room". Not a fan of the Beach Boys @Mark Ponyboy Peters, but I have got to say I recognise Good Vibrations is a masterpiece.
- 16 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
The conversation between Kai and Adam was tame compared to the one between Kai and Megan. It appears she and Dr Kinky are well matched, at least in the bedroom. I hope it was not Dr Kinky's glasses Megan destroyed in her garbage disposal unit; and, unless he is a very unusual man I think the "pet" name Baldy is one which will lose its appeal quickly. I have a feeling @Andr0gene if one was to observe a conversation between Megan and Dr Kinky in person it would be like watching a very fast game of ping pong where the lead changes constantly.
- 18 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
As did I @Al Norris. I thought the entire conversation between the two was flirtatious and whimsical, with a hint of mischief from each although more predominantly from Kai. The conversation surpassed my expectations, there was no awkwardness from the moment Kai spoke to the conclusion of the conversation. Perfect summation @pvtguy. It appears thus far all are very pleased with the content and the extent of "the conversation" @Andr0gene. A true ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ experience.
- 29 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
Biggest "smut lover" or supporter of Marjorie, Lauren or Tiffany? You're a winner @Cane23. Stick to smut and you'll always be a winner. And just think, you may not be able to rent out all your European properties to those "randy royals" if you chose a different path.
-
Splendiferous chapter @Robert Hugill (splendid simply would not "do"). One of the most revelatory and most amusing chapters to date. Dante may not have the worldliness of Vaughan and Martin, but he certainly put Bart and by default Martin in their place in response to Bart's impertinent and intrusive question “And did you? Give a show.” His retort “Please. I was on duty. I’m afraid to disappoint you but what sex there was, was pretty discreet, going into dark corners or into the garden. It was basically a bunch of rather unpleasantly entitled people pretending. If I wanted a bit of fun, then it wouldn’t be there and if you stripped away the tacky glamour, there wasn’t much that was original. “It’s fun being on the fringe, getting to watch, and no I don’t mind showing off my bum a bit. But I don’t want to be part of that world”, he leaned over and took my hand, “We don’t want to be part. Thank you.” was of the calibre of a Vaughan put-down. He is clearly not as provincial as he has appeared to be on occasion. Vaughan's revelation that he and Dante do not trust Francis Heyward was reassuring, particularly when viewed in conjunction with his concluding thought in this chapter "The vague worry, a distant possibility only, was if Francis Heyward fell, he’d fall in a way that tarnished our reputations too. We had to make sure we didn’t cross that red line, wherever that was." Vaughan is no fool and Dante likely has a highly developed bullshit detector given his prior profession, both of which should prevent them from becoming embroiled in any "irregularities" in the life of Francis Heyward. I was very amused by one of your very best Hugillism's "Then I realised, how appropriate, it was the old warehouse where the Daily Mail, and Evening Standard used to be printed.".
-
Plenty of "smut" in this chapter @Cane23, but all of it healthy and fun. I really like Megan, she is honest regarding her passion for fucking, none of this playing the role of the coy demure princess.
-
@Al Norris' speculations regarding a first time conversation between Dr Kinky and Adam and Kai were far more "comfortable" than what I thought might be the topic of conversation. Given the various surgeries performed on Kai by Dr Kinky and the effects of the opioids on his ability to "take a dump", I imagined Dr Kinky providing "feedback" to Adam regarding enemas and other matters of personal hygiene to ensure his first time fucking Kai is as painless for both parties as possible.
