Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,281
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Timmy and Bobby know what is going on, apart from the meaning of top and bottom (bunk beds in the tent, LOL), because they are "doin' the do" too, or at least a part version thereof. I am impressed the three older boys include them in the invitation for sleepovers and are not condescending to or dismissive of them in any way. Scott is reaping the rewards of his accepting attitude towards Sam and Virgil. I was very impressed with his declaration he will defend Virgil and Sam from any bullies who target them for being gay and/or for Sam having a father in prison. The declaration appeared very sincere and not made to showoff how tough he is. I suspect Bobby will also be a target for bullies for having a brother who is gay and a father who is in prison. Undoubtedly some of his bullies will conclude Bobby must also be gay or that Bobby is having sex with Sam. The back to school blues. They don't change later in life @Lee Wilson, they merely morph into the back to work blues. I usually find I am hit by a dose every Monday morning for some reason.
  2. Have Mack and Mills worked their "magic" again @VBlew because it feels like the sole purpose for this latest request for Parker's skills is a reunification rather than a reconstruction of the "facts" relating to a military fuck-ukp. And why Djibouti of all places?
  3. A "serpent shifter"? You could be right @weinerdog as both Septimus and the "thing" had bright green eyes. It could also account for Septimus' exceptional sense of smell.
  4. The Stylistics recorded it originally on their 2nd album released in 1972. The Jones Girls did an outstanding Philly soul cover in 1980 and Cassandra Wilson an outstanding stripped back cover in 1993. I like The Jones Girls version the best, but posted The Stylistics version because I find it the most haunting version, and therefore very apropos for this chapter.
  5. "It wasn’t a shadow. It was something larger. Something alive. Something unfurling, curling across the floor. With eyes glowing, a shape emerged in the darkness." WTF! Some kind of medieval beast or snake or noem? I have not the foggiest idea. Septimus is evil and smart, a tactician, a deadly combination. His conclusion the "guttersnipes" were behind the escape of Prince Raemande was one I doubt any of his soldiers or Judayah of Enkarra could have arrived at. Luckily for the children, the residents of Carronne protected them as they did the escapees. The children are smart too, far smarter than Septimus' soldiers, they became the Children Of The Night, hiding in the rooftops. "Well,’ she said at last, a crooked smile tugging at her mouth. ‘Either he’s grown since yesterday, or you’ve decided to be contrary.’ Enoch glanced up. ‘Neither.’ She snorted. ‘Then why him?’ Enoch met her gaze calmly. ‘Because he is the one who carries the call. And because he listens before he speaks.’ Marin opened her mouth, then closed it again. She looked back at Jamal, eyes narrowing, not with hostility, but curiosity." I really do not like Marin, she needs an attitude adjustment or she should just shut the fuck up. You are maintaining the intrigue well @Mark Ponyboy Peters.
  6. I cannot believe there was anyone who did not like Vanessa from the get go. Now whoever could that be who warmed to her? LOL. Perhaps Nagtasha is like Hard Hearted Hannah? Sweet as sour milk.
  7. Sheer perfection @ChromedOutCortex.
  8. WTF! How can this be? Brody is buried in a cemetery and yet here he is standing aboard a ship. Has Parker O'd on uppers and is dreaming all this? And if not, how can Brody as a soldier in the U.S. Army be standing on board a ship for the U.S. Navy, and not just any ship, but Parker's first ship? I hope it's not a dream, but if not, how? "And he had sanitized it. Erased it to the ground. He had applied the same scorched-earth policy to both their hearts that he used for botched missions. He had treated a single waterline breach of trust like a terminal failure of the entire system." Parker is forgiven; he realises he was completely unfair to Brody, that he, Parker, was as dishonest, if not more dishonest, than Brody. Has he been given a second chance? Wow, wow just wow @Cap. And if it is not a dream, may I be so "cheesy" as to refer to it as The Love Boat?
  9. You are such a measured and kind person @Paladin, generous even to characters who are vile. LOL. It must be the fine upstanding gentlemen in you that has you restrained in your loathing of Nagtasha.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    I have had it for 3 weeks. There are several strains Australia-wide and they are long-lasting, with many people taking 3 weeks plus to recover, even healthy people who are not older or who are immuno-compromised.
  11. Summerabbacat

    EPILOGUE

    Caleb's intervention has potentially saved a life or at least the abuse of one minor or more. I hope the Principal shares this information with him and the school as a whole. Bernice is dead. Good riddance. She cannot cause Kilby any more grief. He can get on with his life without the "threat" of her returning hanging over his head. I imagine Edward being the person he is will arrange for a funeral for her, even though she levelled a number of accusations against him and his household. Well done @Wombat Bill.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    Lily and Nikki, and in the current story! How embarrassing. Clearly Bridget is not the only blonde. I’ll blame it on the ‘flu rather than stupidity. And clearly twice the stupidity. I should not use my mobile phone to write comments as I always fuck it up.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    Lily and Nikki, and in the current story! How embarrassing. Clearly Bridget is not the only blonde. I’ll blame it on the ‘flu rather than stupidity.
  14. No doubt a fine upstanding gentleman like yourself would not frequent such a place; you would have your butler visit such a "low" establishment. I remember the staff member who told me it was the highest grossing Liquorland in Australia telling me their biggest seller was Passion Pop. I remember drinking that swill as a teenager in the late 1970's/early 1980's. Ghastly and cheap (the Passion Pop, not me).
  15. Ex-wife @Cane23 and she is a nightmare. I am acquainted with a former married couple who were both psychologists, both psycho. Their marriage was a farce, until one day he beat the crap out of her. She was a pain in the arse, but certainly did not deserve it.
  16. I suspect she may have "used" her children against her ex-husband. She may be manipulative with her children too, laying guilt trips on them if they don't do exactly as mummy says. I am surprised at her liberal attitude allowing Benjamin to stay with Justin on Friday and Saturday nights, unless of course he has referred to Justin as Justine to his mother.
  17. "Again, a more thoughtful pause, “Well since you’re asking, actually OK. I’ve begun to realize the house is a bit empty with just me there, but Simon I’m going to have to talk to you about any legal issues.” I think Martin is being very sensible contemplating legal advice from Simon, particularly after Benjamin's response when Martin raised the issue of him having to tell his mother, Nagtasha, that he wanted to move in and live with his father: "And, Benjamin, what are you going to tell your mother.” “Oh shit. I’m going to need your help there.” We readers have not had the "pleasure" of Nagtasha's company yet, and yet every time her name is mentioned it is not with any degree of fondness, but with mistrust and dread. Is Benjamin fearful of his mother's reaction because it may involve violence, or is it because of the more likely manipulation, hysteria and verbal abuse he may have suffered at the hands of this woman before. The mention of Forest Lodge (Glebe) as the place of Justin's residence brought back memories of my having lived in Camperdown from 1997-2013 @Paladin. What with Forest Lodge and nearby Chippendale having huge student populations for those attending Sydney Uni and University of Technology, it is little wonder the Liquorland at Broadway has the biggest turnover of any Liquorland in Australia. Bring on Nagtasha @Paladin; it is about time she got a taste of her own medicine. "And deconstructed wattle seed pavlova with pomegranate jus." Yum, that sounds like a dish which would appeal to me greatly, particularly if the pavlova was made from chick pea brine rather than egg whites.
  18. "As they walked away, the father at the next table said to his wife “What do you think’s going down there?” “Just a father and son thing” “Yeah, that’s what some call it” It's called mind your own fucking business. I can almost bet the father assumed Edward is gay and therefore assumed his intentions towards Kilby were anything but noble. Statistically the nosey father is more likely to have forced sex with one of his children. Kilby's character "growth" whilst in the care of Edward and Romel has been a joy to witness. Edward and Romel have offered Kilby a home life he has never experienced before, a home life where he is secure and is afforded opportunities and choice, something his mother, Bernice, the "evil bitch" demanded he rescind so he could fund her junkie lifestyle again. Speaking of Bernice again has me wondering if Kilby's maternal grandparents are still alive, and if so, if they know of his existence. Perhaps this is something he and/or Edward could enquire about. "Four months later, Rajani announced at dinner “I’ve reached another milestone today” “What’s that?” asked Romel “I was running for the bus today and noticed my growing breasts bouncing up and down. Now I feel like a real woman” . What a wonderful conclusion to this story @Wombat Bill. I can just imagine what Rajani's selfish, nasty bitch sister, Rani, will say. With her transition underway, I wonder if Rajani's parents will disinherit her? If I remember correctly Raj was due to inherit the family business as a male, something I imagine Rani will fight now Raj is becoming Rajani, the "freak" (Rani's words I imagine, certainly not mine). Love the T-shirt, just the perfect antidote to J K Rowling, Germaine Greer, et al.
  19. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    Howzat for speculations @Seraph28, including a murderous lesbian. I don't think @Josh Aterovis has included any lesbian characters in the stories he has published on GA to date, so the inclusion of one who is a possible murderer, and a second character who may be lesbian/bisexual or at least a dyke for dollars, would break this "drought".
  20. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    Similarly to Killian and Jacy, we readers learnt as much from what was said as what was not said by the interviewees. As all have said, including her fellow dig participants, Bridget Foxwell, is much like her mother, blonde. But could it all be an act, like her tears for Professor Healy? Might she actually be very smart, pretending to be clueless because she has an ulterior motive? I suspect not, but one can never be sure. Alexander James did himself no favours by acting antsy and asking Killian to leave for no reason. Might he be the person Mr Thompson saw recently fossicking for artefacts on his property? I don't think he is the killer or the looter, but he might have something else nefarious he is hiding. Israel Meeks, he appears to belie his name. Is it merely a coincidence he has recently come into money and has spent it on sprucing up his apartment? Is it too obvious he may have looted artefacts from the dig to fund these lifestyle improvements? Might he be the killer? Perhaps so. Susan Urban, the arse kissing, possible Professor Healy fucking, second/third in command. I think Jacy's observations of her were spot on. I also think perhaps there is more to her friendship with Elyse Pike than meets the eye. I wonder if Ms Urban has not only been "banging Professor Healy", but banging Ms Pike too. If she is as ambitious as Ricky Wong indicated, she well may have had an each way bet, banging both to ingratiate herself. If so, I think it throws suspicion on both her and Elyse Pike as the possible killer. If Elyse's affection for Susan is genuine and she found out she was banging the Professor too, she may have removed him from the equation for very personal reasons. Killian's statement "Oh, I'll look into it, but I won't take Ricky's word until I have something else to back it up. My instincts are telling me Healy's murder is connected to the thefts, not personal, but I can't ignore the possibility." may well prove to be, the murder of Professor Healy may have been very personal. I think it was very personal as the viciousness of the attack and the number of times he was stabbed (which from memory was many) suggests a more personal and frenzied murder, rather than a cold, calculating, murder. And what of Ricky Wong? I think he fancies Killian at least, and possibly Jacy too. Killian's description of him suggested someone lascivious, someone who is used to getting their own way, often by deception. Were his observations objective or subjective? Excellent chapter @Josh Aterovis. Although too obvious, I think Israel Meeks is the likely looter with Professor Healy himself the next most likely, and Elyse Pike the murderer for very personal reasons, with Susan Urban the next most likely.
  21. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 16

    You forgot Plenty O'Toole @weinerdog. And I think you made a typo, it was Holly Goodhead.
  22. Promise, not "stalking". There a few authors whose "chart history" I follow.
  23. Just so long as she does not want to watch them "make out". That would be just too much like Kathy or Abel Taft.
  24. Your foray into the Fantasy and Historical genres has been a resounding success @Mark Ponyboy Peters, with this story #1 in the Fantasy genre for the month ending 20/03/26 (up from #9 for the month ending 20/02/26) and #3 in the Historical genre (your first placing in this category). Its #1 position is now your second #1, with A Good Place being #1 in the General Fiction genre for the month ending 06/06/25. You may not quite be ABBAesque yet, but to quote the fabulous Renee Geyer, you are Heading In The Right Direction . Well done.
  25. Maybe she will take on a "grandmotherly" role with Virgil as well.
×
×
  • Create New...